Cathedral of Light
The Cathedral is home to some of the most powerful and influential holy leaders in the world. Duthorian Rall is one of Stormwind City's most influential paladins. The archbishop himself used to reside within the hallowed chambers.
Priests and paladins travel to the cathedral from far and wide seeking training and wisdom from their resident counterparts. High Priestess Laurena is the highest-ranking priest trainer in Stormwind City and Lord Grayson Shadowbreaker is the foremost paladin trainer. Brother Crowley is always looking for possible recruits for the Scarlet Crusade and also acts as the Crusade's emissary to the archbishop.
During the First War, the original building was badly damaged but its catacombs housed refugees. After the Second War, the building was first to be rebuilt and housed the refugees in the initial stages of city's reconstruction.
The construction of the cathedral was overseen by then-bishop Benedictus and his then-mentor, Archbishop Alonsus Faol. It was here that the Lordaeron Prince Arthas Menethil became a paladin of the Silver Hand.
During the events of the Elemental Unrest, cultists of the Twilight's Hammer tried to blow up the cathedral so disillusioned peasants would flock toward their religion, but they were stopped by an adventurer.
Following the Argus Campaign, King Anduin brought the Forsaken Alonsus Faol to the Cathedral in order to meet Turalyon, the last living member of the first Silver Hand paladins. Their reunion was initially tense, but upon sensing the Light within the undead, Turalyon accepted his former mentor.
- Class trainers
- Brother Joshua <Priest Trainer>
- High Priestess Laurena <Priest Trainer>
- Brother Benjamin <Priest Trainer>
- Arthur the Faithful <Paladin Trainer>
- Lord Grayson Shadowbreaker <Paladin Trainer>
- Katherine the Pure <Paladin Trainer>
- Profession trainer
- Angela Leifeld <Bandage Trainer>
- Brother Cassius <Reagents>
- Brother Sarno
- Duthorian Rall
- Bishop Arthur
- Gazin Tenorm
- Thomas <Altar Boy>
- Brother Crowley <Scarlet Crusade Emissary> (downstairs)
The subject of this section has been removed from World of Warcraft.
- Mobs (bottom level while on quest)
In the RPG
Every night at sunset, the Cathedral of Light rings a solitary bell whose sweet pitch reaches the entire city.
- According to Of Blood and Honor, the paladin-induction ceremony for Tirion Fordring was held in the Cathedral of Light. It was likely meant to refer to Alonsus Chapel as this cathedral was at the beginning of the Second War ruined / in control of the orcs.
- There is a hidden way downstairs to the basement in the room, one of each side of the altar, entering the Cathedral. The basement (or catacombs) contains a library and a general catacomb. There are no guards there, and Alliance players rarely venture down, so it is a popular place for Horde raids. A warlock and two rogues usually sneak down there to summon an entire raid, thus taking the city by surprise.
- The Cathedral is also the most common place for human roleplaying players to marry since it so greatly resembles a real-life church.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Slight redesign.