Caverns of Consumption
The Caverns of Consumption is a secret area on the northernmost point of the coast of Winterspring. The pet can be found by those who can bypass the puzzles within.
The following items will be required in order to complete the puzzle:
|10x||Sold by Sprinkle Noggenfogger, Tanaris||Yes|
|Dropped by Scotty, Townlong Steppes||Yes|
|Mug of Dire Brew, Blackrock Depths||Yes|
|Quest in Dire Maul North (), Tailors or Leatherworkers (275)||No|
|Drop from Winterfall tribe furbolgs in Winterspring||No|
|Pet vendors for 1x or 500x (rare)||No|
|Inscription (1), vendors (limited stock)||No|
Non-bind on pickup (BoP) items may also be found on the Auction House.
Elemental protection potions normally have a 2-minute duration, but while in the cave they last for 15 minutes. Each potion still shares a 1-minute cooldown with all the other potions, however.
Follow the guide carefully, else the puzzle may need to be restarted.
- Enter the Caverns of Consumption at Kalimdor map (north coast of Winterspring) on the
- Use a to get past the first barrier (fire/orange)
- Use the other protection potions (, , , , ) to get past the second barrier (fel/green)
- Use until getting the skeleton buff to walk past the Diligent Watcher
- At the two-way split, go right and use at the wall of vines
- Once transformed, enter the room and pick up the from the pool
- Backtrack to the split and use the Water Stone to get past the blue barrier
- Use to walk past the Stone Watcher
- At the three-way split, go right and use to get past the translucent/purple barrier
- Use and , then click the Strange Stone and choose the <Place arm in hole> option to acquire the Sign of the Second buff
- Return to the three-way split, take the left fork, and use x10 to become a pygmy and reach the Wisdom Cube
- Summon the and use the on it, then interact with the cube and select <Place arm beneath cube> and acquire the Sign of the First buff
- Return to the three-way split, go towards the gate at the bottom
- Read the Tarnished Plaque!
- Cancel the Winterfall Firewater buff (right-click it), use and cross the water
- Loot the from the Oddly-Colored Egg
- Patch 7.2.5 (2017-06-13): Added.