|Race||Keeper of the Grove (Humanoid)|
|Level||32 - 62 Elite|
|Location||Poison Falls, Maraudon|
|Status||Killable (WoW), Active (Lore)|
|Relative(s)||Elune (great grandmother), Malorne (great grandfather), Cenarius (grandfather), Remulos (father), Ordanus, Zaetar (uncles), Cavindra (sister), dryad sisters|
After Celebras's uncle Zaetar was killed by his centaur offspring, Zaetar's spirit was held prisoner by his mate, Theradras. In an attempt to free his uncle's spirit, Celebras and his dryad sisters entered Maraudon. However, the corruption that had spread through the caverns soon overcame them. Celebras the Cursed now wanders blindly inside, cursed by corruption.
Upon learning of his uncle's tragic fate, the noble Celebras swore to free Zaetar's spirit. Yet the keeper of the grove was not prepared for the horrors that awaited him in Maraudon's shadowy corridors. The dark energies permeating the area quickly overcame Celebras, filling his heart with uncontrollable rage.
- Corrupt Force of Nature — Celebras the Cursed summons 3 Corrupt Forces of Nature to aid him in battle for 1 min.
- Corrupt Force of Nature — Corrupt Forces of Nature defend Celebras the Cursed in battle.
- Twisted Tranquility – Celebras the Cursed inflicts Nature damage to all players within 0 yards, reducing their movement speed by 70% and increasing the time between their attacks by 300%.
- Wrath — Celebras the Cursed hurls a bolt of energy at his current target, inflicting Nature damage.
- Entangling Roots — Celebras the Cursed entangles his current target, immobilizing them and inflicting Nature damage every 3 seconds for 5 sec.
- Celebras the Redeemed says: You wish to learn of the stone? Follow me.
- Celebras the Redeemed says: For so long I have drifted in my cursed form. You have freed me... Your hard work shall be repaid.
When spoken to:
- At last, I am free of the corruption that once bound me to this place...
- Please tell me more about Maraudon.
- Long ago, my dryad sisters and I entered these caves to free the tortured spirit of my uncle, Zaetar. However, the corruption that had already spread through these caverns soon overcame us, and we too fell.
- We were destined to wander these passages; the toxins poisoning our minds...
- Although my spirit may now be at rest, I know that I have failed in my mission. It is a great sadness I must bear...
- Please tell me more about Zaetar.
- Ah, Zaetar... <Celebras looks away.>
- My father, Remulos, tried to stop him...
- Zaetar was headstrong, and when he fell for an earthen elemental princess, my father knew that their union was cursed, but Zaetar refused to listen.
- The centaur are the result of his mistake. They were born misshapen and hateful; my uncle Zaetar was killed by his own kin...
- The evil princess, Theradras, still guards his remains here in the crystal caverns.
- Tell me more about the history of Remulos and Zaetar.
- You ask of the Sons of Cenarius, Remulos and Zaetar.
- My father, Remulos, was strong and beautiful, and my uncle, Zaetar, very cunning and slight of build. While they were respected equally, Zaetar always felt as if he could never quite compare to the glory and attention he thought Remulos had.
- After my sisters and I were born, Zaetar, blinded by jealousy, set out to outdo his brother... He was the creator of his own end. The sadness it brings me has never lessened, even as time passes...
- Celebras the Redeemed says: Please do as I instruct you, <name>.
- Celebras the Redeemed says: Read this tome I have placed before you, and speak the words aloud.
- Celebras the Redeemed begins to channel his energy, focusing on the stone.
- Celebras the Redeemed says: Together, the two parts shall become one, once again.
- Celebras the Redeemed says: Shal myrinan ishnu daldorah...
- Celebras the Redeemed says: My scepter will once again become whole!
- Celebras the Redeemed
Celebras is guarded by three non-elite Corrupt Forces of Nature. He will summon more during the fight, but his casting can be interrupted. When you defeat him, Celebras the Redeemed will spawn in his place.
Have the tank Celebras and immediately use or . This will cause the initial adds to focus on the tank and will prevent them from running after the healer. Any additional adds should be immediately picked up with Demoralizing Shout. His casts are interruptible with , , , etc. Kill Celebras first, then AoE the remaining adds.
Solo Strategy - Rogue
He is soloable for a single rogue if you use the right tactics. Note that he spawns loads of adds, so you have to kill him "fast". As a combat rogue, start with and to remove the first few adds and pump in damage. When your health starts to get low, pop in a health potion, and keep until your health is near 30% because he will spawn more and more adds. When he dies, and move to the side to heal, then finish off the adds that are left.
Solo Strategy - Hunter
He can also be soloed by a hunter and his pet. Send your pet at Celebras and burn him down quickly. If your pet is being damaged too quickly by the adds, use multi-shot to pull some of them off and use freezing trap on one of them, then pop Deterrence if you have it. So long as you use rapid fire and all of your burst damage shots, you should finish Celebras off before you're in too much trouble. After you kill him, feign death and wait for the adds to kill your pet, then despawn.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Updated with a new model.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Level reduced from 46 to 37.
- Patch 1.2.0 (2004-12-18): Added.
|The Cursed||The Redeemed|