|Base of operations|
The Cenarion Expedition is a faction of night elves and tauren based in Zangarmarsh and led by Ysiel Windsinger. The Expedition was sent by the Cenarion Circle to Outland shortly after the Dark Portal was reopened in order to study the surviving life forms of that uncharted world. Although it began as a small organization directly controlled by the Circle, the Expedition has grown to become an autonomous organization, independent of the Circle's leadership on Azeroth. In fact, Circle reputation (regardless of how good or bad) bears no weight with the Expedition, and all characters begin at neutral with them.
The primary base of operations for the Cenarion Expedition is Cenarion Refuge in eastern Zangarmarsh. Additional Expedition outposts are located in Hellfire Peninsula, Terokkar Forest and Blade's Edge Mountains.
Neutral to Honored
As soon as you reach Level 62, head to Zangarmarsh and look for Darkcrest and Bloodscale Naga (and their slaves) to grind. Run Slave Pens or Underbog whenever you can; a good instance run with a capable group will get you more reputation faster than soloing mobs outside the instance.
Alternatively, at level 60, you can start turning in Lauranna Thar'well will give you a . These packages have the chance to contain an , an item which begins a repeatable quest. Each Uncatalogued Species you hand in gives 500 reputation. Save these for later, as they continue to give reputation after reaching Honored. The more of these you can turn in, the more chance you will have of getting an Uncatalogued Species, which will make it a shorter grind to revered/exalted.. Every time you complete a turn-in,
This quest is no longer available once you reach Honored, so make the most of it while you can. Ideally, you will want to do this quest 36 times, turning in 360 Unidentified Plant Parts (last turn-in can be done at 5999/6000 friendly). You may even want to avoid Slave Pens or Underbog runs before you reach honored, to make sure you can have all the 36 turn-in, so that the chance of getting is maximized. It is possible to get as many as 7 or 8 if you are lucky. This can save you a few Steamvault reputation runs later. (Together with the other reputation quests, it is even possible to reach Revered without a single instance reputation run!)
If you are an herbalist, and interested in Sporeggar faction, you may want to grind the Bog Lords which can be found in each of the corners of Zangarmarsh (Northeast, Southeast, Southwest). Their bodies can be "picked" by herbalists and often yield Unidentified Plant Parts, while every kill yields 15 reputation with Sporeggar.
Honored to Exalted
Once you are honored running Slave Pens and most of Underbog on normal mode will no longer grant reputation.
Apart from quests and Uncatalogued Species, you have multiple options for reaching exalted:
- Run normal Steamvault, either in a group or solo once you reach the level cap. Each run gives 1,100-1,662 reputation depending on how thoroughly you clear the mobs.
- You may also run Slave Pens, Underbog, and Steamvault on Heroic Mode once you are Honored. Regular mobs are worth 15 reputation, 2 for non-elites, and 150-250 for bosses, for a total of 2,500-2,750 reputation for a full clear. The reputation gain in Heroics is about 50% more than running regular Steamvault, but Heroics are much harder and each Heroic instance can only be done once per day. However, Heroic bosses also give to players in the relevant level range. These can be spent toward pre-raid epic gear.
- D.E.H.T.A. offers the Repeatable Quest in Borean Tundra. This quest asks the player to kill Nesingwary-affiliated NPC's and collect Nesingwary Lackey Ears. Fifteen ears yield require 20-25 kills, and provide 150 repuatation before perks.
- Until Patch 4.3, there was a Repeatable Quest from the Steamvault for the hand-in of . This quest, along with a handful of other Outland repeatable quests, appears to have been removed as an undocumented change in Patch 4.3.
- See also: Cenarion Expedition quests
|1,875||7 Quests (+ chain)|
|Normal run ~650 rep (more for full clear)
Full clear Heroic 2,750 rep
|Normal run ~1,000 rep (more for full clear)
Full clear Heroic 2,680 rep
|Hungarfen, Swamplord Musel'ek, giants|
|Trash: 12, 2 (non-elite)
|Full clear 1,662 rep
Full clear Heroic 2,559 rep
|2.5||Only yield XP and Rep if not being controlled
by a Bloodscale Overseer or Darkcrest Slaver
|7||Named mob in Marshlight Lake, 8 min respawn timer|
Early rewards include a decent leather chest with agility and stamina, a one-handed healer's mace, and a melee staff with stamina and run speed bonus, all available at honored with Cenarion Expedition and usable at level 62. These rewards provide a good reason to grind to Honored early. Additionally, at revered, players can purchase , one of the best pre-Karazhan tanking necklaces, as well as , one of the best pre-Karazhan cloth healing helms.
Among the notable rewards at exalted is , a high-stamina ring with solid spell hit appropriate for all dps casters, as well as , a level-70 two-handed mace with armor and damage in feral forms. The armor bonus makes the mace an excellent tank-weapon replacement for and . High-level crafting patterns focus on Nature Resistance.
Arcanist Xorith and Haldor the Compulsive will sell specialized Flasks only usable in raid zones to players who are exalted with Cenarion Expedition, the Sha'tar and the respective faction (Scryer or Aldor). The flasks are only purchasable with obtained from creatures in Tempest Keep: The Eye, The Serpentshrine, Mount Hyjal and The Black Temple.
|18 11 53||Leather|
|35 97 4||One-Handed Mace|
|44 79 82||Staff|
|15 1 15||Plate|
|32 2 63||Plate|
|22 54 38||Leather|
|13 9 8||Cloth|
|17 32 42||Cloth|
|22 38 11||Leather|
|13 43 13||Cloth|
|16 23 81||Leather|
|18 29 55||Cloth|
|15 29 49||Plate|
|19 42 53|
|12 98 92|
|27 35 61|
|25 20 25|
|16 66 37||Leather|
|17 59 52||Necklace|
|12 73 71||Cloth|
|79 1 12||Ring|
|79 1 12||Off Hand|
|265 68 17||Two-Handed Mace|
- Circle of Defiance - a Cenarion Expedition-affiliated organization seen in the satirical News From Outland: Crisis at Da Portal! video
- Patch 2.0.3 (2007-01-09): Added.