Chamber of Aspects
|Chamber of Aspects|
|Chamber of Aspects|
|The Obsidian Sanctum (10/25)|
|The Ruby Sanctum (10/25)|
Baltharus the Warborn
It was here that Neltharion revealed the Demon Soul, his solution to ending the invasion of the Burning Legion, and urged the other Aspects as well as their respective flights to give up a portion of their essences to power it. Unknowing of his plan, they did so — and enslaved themselves to Neltharion's will.
In The Well of Eternity, the Chamber of Aspects was described as "...a vast, monumental cavern, so expansive that even Alexstrasza appeared as little more than a gnat in comparison." The Chamber's walls were featureless and frictionless, smooth yet curved, the floor was an immense flat circle that was geometrically flawless, and it was lit by a golden illumination with no source. It was so big that Azeroth might have been constructed in it.
Later information suggested that the chamber was accessible anywhere the Aspects chose, but was mostly done in the most remote of places, away from prying eyes. However, one trying to enter had to be flying, as Alexstrasza and Korialstrasz did.
At least some dragons consider the location related to a dragon's afterlife.
The Sanctums' locations
Some players find it puzzling that the different sanctums are seemingly located outside, as you can see the sky, instead of below the ground under the Wyrmrest Temple.
The explanation for this is because each sanctum is a refuge out of time and space that are magical dimensions unto themselves. The sanctums' appearances are reflective of each flight.
This also somewhat matches how the chamber itself was "accessible anywhere the Aspects chose".
World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King
In World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King, the Chamber of Aspects is the location of two raid encounters, the first similar to Onyxia's Lair, with the ability to add more encounters. The instances are titan in style.
In the battle with Yogg-Saron, a vision of Deathwing creating the Demon Soul here with the other Aspects can be seen.
It now appears to be a small antechamber beneath the Wyrmrest Temple in the Dragonblight of Northrend (which more or less contradicts the description made in The Well of Eternity). There is a meeting stone in the center of this room.
- Main article: Obsidian Sanctum
The Obsidian Sanctum is the black dragonflight area of the Chamber of the Aspects, available from the start of the Wrath of the Lich King expansion. It holds one raid boss — Sartharion. He is joined by three allies around the instance — Shadron, Tenebron, and Vesperon — who will assist Sartharion if they are not defeated.
- Main article: Ruby Sanctum
A powerful war party of the Black dragonflight, led by the fearsome Twilight dragon, Halion, have launched an assault upon the Ruby Sanctum beneath Wyrmrest Temple. By destroying the sanctum, the Black dragonflight look to crush those that would stand in the way of their master’s reemergence into Azeroth and to ultimately shatter the Wyrmrest Accord – the sacred bond that unites the dragonflights.
The battle that is to come will surely deal a crippling blow to the Red dragonflight, however, it is up to you to stop this unprecedented offensive and defend the Ruby Sanctum. First you must face the assault of Halion's servants, Saviana Ragefire, Baltharus the Warborn, and General Zarithrian, before squaring off against Halion the Twilight Destroyer, a new and deadly force in this realm.
Those chambers has not been opened yet.
Thrall: Twilight of the Aspects
Wyrmrest Temple was attacked after the Shattering and so was Chamber of Aspects. The sanctums were all destroyed by Krasus who sacrificed himself after he found that the Twilight's Hammer had corrupted every egg into evil, malformed, and contagious chromatic whelps.
By the time of the third invasion of the Burning Legion, the Sanctums seem to have been restored. The Deathlord invaded the Ruby Sanctum to obtain information on the grave of an ancient dragon.
- ^ Knaak, Richard A.. The Well of Eternity, 238. ISBN 978-0-7434-8902-7.
- ^ a b c Raids - The Obsidian Sanctum (HTML). Worldofwarcraft.com. Retrieved on 2009-04-08.
- ^ a b Wyrmrest Vanquisher#Quotes
- ^ World of Warcraft: The Magazine Volume I Issue II
- ^ Dawn of the Aspects
- ^ The Demon Soul, book two of the War of the Ancients Trilogy
- ^ Knaak, Richard A.. The Well of Eternity, 237-238. ISBN 978-0-7434-8902-7.
- ^ This information was leaked by a blizzard lore developer in an interview with EGM.
- ^ Knaak, Richard A.. The Well of Eternity, 236-237. ISBN 978-0-7434-8902-7.
- ^ Thrall: Twilight of the Aspects, page 17
- ^ Rushster 2008-05-09. Jeff Kaplan Video Interview Transcript. World of Warcraft: IncGamers. Retrieved on 2010-02-19.
- ^ Jennie Lees 2008-06-29. WWI '08 Notes from the Dungeons & Raids Panel. WoW.com. Retrieved on 2010-02-19.
- ^ http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=23329393289&sid=1
- ^ Thrall: Twilight of the Aspects, pages 32-39
- ^ Thrall: Twilight of the Aspects, pages 245-249
- ^ Jeremy Feasel official post
- ^ Jeremy Feasel on Twitter