|It has been suggested that this article or section be merged with Fel.
The chaos magics of the eredar warlocks have burnt out whole worlds and annihilated countless species over the aeons. The Eredar used their warlock magics to enslave a number of worlds that they had invaded. The indigenous of those races of those worlds were mutated by the Eredar's chaotic powers and turned into demons themselves.
In World of WarcraftThis section concerns content exclusive to World of Warcraft.
- Main article: Chaos (spell school)
In the RPGThis section concerns content exclusive to the Warcraft RPG and is considered non-canon.
Chaos energy is highly dangerous; some believe it actually is equivalent to arcane magic, although it can be harnessed by tinkers. Thought at first to be magical, as it can sometimes mimic the effects of arcane magic, chaos energy is purely mechanical in nature. Chaos energy is generated through the use of devices called chaos generators. A small box contains magnets, several differing kinds of metal, steam energy and a tiny golden core that vibrates at a high frequency when powered. Political maneuverings by wizards in Theramore have caused the ruling body to declare chaos generators unlawful, but the goblins and some gnomes still manage to research and develop new uses for chaos energy. The Horde hasn't outlawed the usage yet, as it is not arcane magic, but they are suspicious of it because of the similarities.
- ^ a b Jeremy Feasel on Twitter
- ^ Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos manual#Warlock
- ^ Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos manual#Sargeras and the Betrayal
- ^ Setesh Dungeon Journal
- ^ More Magic and Mayhem, 182
- ^ Reign of Chaos - "Setesh summons small 2 yard radius bubbles of void energy..."
- ^ Chaos Blast - "The Chaos Blast leaves behind a 10 yard radius void zone..."
- ^ World of Warcraft: Chronicle Volume 1