- "Charger" redirects here. For the horse type, see Horse.
- The mighty charger serves as the steed for all those who serve the Light.
A paladin's charger uses a very specific barding, made of the finest materials possible.
Differences between Alliance and Horde
Humans and dwarves receive a charger with blue livery and gold-plated armor, and exudes a golden aura. However, the blood elf charger has red livery, with what appears to be brass armor and a red aura. The , on the other hand, has gray livery with the Argent Crusade crest on each section, gray armor, and exudes the same gold aura as the Alliance variant.
- Main article: Paladin quests#Level 60 Summoning the Charger (Summon Charger)
- Main article: Paladin quests#Level 60 True Masters of the Light (Summon Charger, Blood Knight Tabard)
Originally, the Charger mount required the completion of an epic quest chain. In patch 2.4.0 the mount was added to class trainers; the quest chain remained available for those who still wanted to complete it until patch 4.0.1, when it was removed entirely.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Blood elf version renamed .
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Quest chain removed.
- Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04): Can now be learned at level 40.
- Patch 3.0.3 (2008-11-04): Is now available on the trainer at level 61, requiring 150 riding skill, and the non-epic mount learned.
- Patch 2.0.3 (2007-01-09): A new quest chain has been added for blood elf paladins.
- Patch 1.6.0 (2005-07-12): New icon.
- Patch 1.4.0 (2005-05-05): Added.