Chasing Visions (WC3 demo)
|Previous: Thrall's Vision|
|Campaign: Exodus of the Horde|
|Place: Arathi Highlands|
|Outcome: The warning is given to Thrall|
|Commanders and leaders|
|Casualties and losses|
|template | talk | edit|
- 1 Transcript
- 2 Forces
- 3 Battle
- 4 Notes
- 5 Items
- 6 References
Find the Prophet
- Follow the narrator's directions
- Find The Prophet
- The troubling dreams that have awakened Thrall foretell of a dark presence. Find The Prophet to quell Thrall's worries.
- Thrall has been slain.
- Move commands can also be issued by selecting your units, then RIGHT-CLICKING on their destination.
- Scrolling the screen in this manner allows you to see different parts of the map.
- You can also scroll the screen using the UP, DOWN, LEFT, and RIGHT arrow keys.
- To see a list of messages displayed during your game, CLICK on the LOG button at the top of your screen.
- LEFT-CLICK on the ground, hold down the mouse button, then drag the cursor across the units you want to select.
- Attack move commands can also be issued by selecting your troops, pressing the "A" key, then LEFT-CLICKING on their destination.
- Units that are given attack move commands will automatically engage enemy units encountered along the way.
- The Hero icon in the top-left corner of your screen blinks red when the Hero is under attack, and displays a number if that Hero has unspent Hero points.
- To pick up an item, select Thrall and RIGHT-CLICK on the Treasure Chest.
- To see what a particular item does, move your cursor over the item in your Hero's inventory.
- A unit's current/maximum mana level is found beneath the unit portrait near the bottom-left corner of your screen.
- Use the Potion of Mana by LEFT-CLICKING on its icon in Thrall's inventory.
- Units cannot see as far at night as they can during the day.
- Unexplored areas often contain secrets or surprises that can be very useful.
- Sleeping monsters wake up when they are attacked.
- To see the difficulty level of a particular monster, move your cursor over it. Monsters range in difficulty from level 1 to level 10.
- Tomes disappear after being used, freeing up inventory slots for holding other items.
- Thrall exits his hut.
- Thrall: What kind of nightmare was that?
- The Prophet flies overhead in the form of a raven.
- The Prophet: It was not a nightmare, young warchief, but a vision. Follow me, and I will reveal what your future holds.
- The Prophet flies off.
- Thrall: I don't know what this is all about, but I'll play along.
Throughout the mission
- Thrall: Prepare yourselves! I sense a gnoll ahead!
- Thrall: This was only a scout. But the gnolls' camp lies just ahead.
- Grunt: Warchief, we've discovered a group of murloc raiders in the nearby river!
- Thrall: Be wary, my warriors. Don't let nightfall dull your senses.
- Thrall: An ogre! We'd have a fierce battle on our hands if the beast weren't sleeping!
- Thrall: A golem! Watch yourselves, my brethren: those creatures do not sleep at night!
- Thrall meets the Prophet on a cliff overlooking the ocean.
- The Prophet: Greetings, son of Durotan. I knew you'd find your way.
- Thrall: It was you I saw in the vision. Who are you? How do you know me?
- The Prophet: I know many things, young warchief, about you and your people. My identity, at this time, is unimportant. What is important is that you rally your people and leave these shores immediately.
- Thrall: Leave? What's this all about, human?
- The Prophet: Human? I left my humanity behind long ago. I am something... different now. Know that I have seen the future and beheld the great burning shadow that is coming to consume this world. You sense it as well, don't you?
- Thrall: The demons... are returning.
- The Prophet: Yes. And only by leading your people across the sea, to the distant lands of Kalimdor, will you have a chance to stand against them!
- Thrall: But how can we--
- The Prophet: I will answer all of your questions in time, young warchief. For now, rally your warriors and prepare to leave this land. We will speak again.
- The Prophet turns into a raven and flies off.
- Thrall: None of this makes sense, but the spirits tell me... that I should trust him.
- CLICK on the QUESTS button. Narrator: The blinking button at the top of the screen indicates that your quest journal has been updated. To find out more about your objectives,
- LEFT-CLICK on Thrall in the main window. Narrator: First, select Thrall. To do this,
- Narrator: Excellent. You seem eager to be on your way.
- Narrator: However, you must first learn how to give orders to Thrall.
- CLICK the MOVE button in the bottom-right corner of your screen, and then CLICK on the banner. Narrator: Try ordering Thrall to move down the path towards the nearby banner. To do this,
- Narrator: Skillfully done. However, the orc encampment is still far off. In order to reach the next banner, scroll the screen to the north by moving your mouse to the top edge of the screen.
- Narrator: Very good. The path to the next banner leads through a black area. This black area represents terrain that has not been discovered yet.
- Narrator: Notice how the black area shrinks as Thrall moves through it. This reflects areas you have explored.
- Narrator: Select Thrall and order him to move to the banner in the middle of the encampment.
- Narrator: In order to have Thrall and his troops move together, you must first select all of them.
- Narrator: Now that your troops are all selected, order them to move to the next banner.
- CLICK on the ATTACK button and then CLICK on the gnoll. Narrator: To order Thrall's forces to defeat this foul creature, select all of your troops,
- CLICK the ATTACK button, and then LEFT-CLICK on the ground in the middle of the gnoll camp. Narrator: Order your troops to perform an aggressive attack move into the enemy encampment. To do this, select all of your troops,
- Narrator: Good job. Notice that Thrall gained a level from the experience that he earned in combat. Only heroes can acquire experience, allowing them to become incredibly powerful over time.
- Narrator: Heroes gain a hero point whenever they advance in level. These points can be used to acquire new abilities or to improve previously learned ones.
- CLICK on the HERO ABILITIES button in the bottom-right corner of your screen. Narrator: To spend Thrall's hero point, select him and
- CLICK on the HERO ABILITIES button, the bottom-right corner of your screen changes to show what abilities can be learned. Narrator: Whenever you
- CLICK on the CHAIN LIGHTNING button in the bottom-right corner of your screen. Narrator: To spend Thrall's hero point and learn chain lightning,
- CLICK on the CHAIN LIGHTNING button, and then LEFT-CLICK on one of the murlocs. Narrator: The murlocs would make excellent targets for your new chain lightning spell. To have Thrall use his new ability,
- Narrator: Some monsters drop treasure when they are defeated. Treasure chests hold powerful magic items that can only be picked up by heroes, such as Thrall.
- Narrator: This particular treasure chest contained a useful potion of mana. Notice that the potion now occupies one of Thrall's inventory slots near the bottom middle of your screen.
- Narrator: Potions of mana can be used to replenish a hero's mana, the magic energies that allow the casting of spells, such as chain lightning.
- Narrator: Thrall is currently low on mana. Use the potion of mana to refresh Thrall and provide him with sufficient mana to cast additional spells.
- Narrator: Order Thrall's forces to explore up the river, following the banners.
- Narrator: The wolf howls signify that night has begun.
- Narrator: Excellent. Thrall has found a magic ring. Rings are very useful because they provide a constant, passive benefit as long as they are carried.
- Narrator: Very good. That treasure chest held a magic tome that can be used to give Thrall a permanent benefit.
- 3 Gnolls
- 1 Gnoll Poacher
- 6 Murloc Tiderunners
- 1 Ogre Warrior
- 3 Stone Golems
- 1 Forest Troll
- 1 Forest Troll Trapper
- 1 Forest Troll Berserker
- 2 Scurvy Pirates
Thrall awakens after his strange vision/nightmare and gets out of his tent, where he finds a mysterious raven which tells him to follow it so that it can reveal what Thrall's future holds. Thrall amazed by this scene decides to play along and follow the creature. Thrall sets out to find the raven, but first gathers three of his grunts from the encampment due north of his tent. While following the mysterious raven, Thrall and his grunts find a gnoll encampment, which is in the middle of their path, so they destroy the encampment and continue following the raven's path. While crossing a river, they encounter a group of murlocs who are settling in the river and later on also find a sleeping ogre, both of which they slaughter. While exploring the vicinity of the path which the raven takes, Thrall and his comrades encounter a group of golems, which they kill and steal the treasure they were guarding, and a group of forest trolls, which while killing them, Thrall exclaims that he couldn't believe that these creatures used to be part of the Horde during the Second War. Thrall finally reach the location where the raven led him to. The raven transforms into the Prophet of Thrall's vision. The Prophet tells Thrall that the Burning Legion is going to return and that he has to travel west to Kalimdor and settle there to be safe. Thrall, not being sure about what to do, asked the spirits to guide him, in which they responded by telling him that he can trust the Prophet.
- There are two Scurvy Pirates in the map that can only be seen with Thrall's ability, Far Sight. There is also a ship, which probably was the way that the pirates reached the island. They seem to be guarding a Phat Lewt. One of them is a Bandit re-named into Scurvy Pirate while the other is a Brigand re-named into Scurvy Pirate.
- Since the map is in the Arathi Highlands, the ogres and forest trolls may have been respectively from the Boulderfist clan and Witherbark tribe.