- Can be used as an opening attack.
Tips and tactics
- Cheap Shot is seen as a crucial stun lock ability in PvP. Using makes it possible to use Cheap Shot twice in one combat.
- To get full use after vanishing, make sure you Cheap Shot as soon as possible since your opponent will see you if you are still in point blank range. Note that this is possible even with periodic damage if timed correctly.
- Cheap Shot is one of Valeera's basic abilities in Heroes of the Storm.
- Cheap Shot is a common rogue spell in the The Witchwood expansion for Hearthstone. The flavor text reads: "50% off. Every shot must go!"
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): No longer causes attacks to bypass up to 100% of the enemy's armor for 10 seconds for Subtlety rogues.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): ' effects have been merged into baseline , , and Cheap Shot for Subtlety rogues.
- Patch 3.1.0 (2009-04-14): Now shares a diminishing return with Pounce (druid).
- Patch 1.4.0 (2005-05-05): Fixed a bug where combo points were not always being applied to the target when using Cheap Shot.
- Patch 0.7 (2004-06-15): Energy cost increased.
- Patch 0.6 (2004-04-13):
- No longer requires to be behind target.
- Duration has been reduced.