Chief Telemancer Oculeth
|Affiliation(s)||Kingdom of Suramar, The Nightfallen, Horde|
|Occupation||Chief Telemancer (teleportation network inventor/expert)|
|Student(s)||Warpcaster Thwen, Third Telemancer Syranel|
This section concerns content exclusive to Legion.
Before the shield around Suramar City was raised, he maintained Oculeth's Workshop and a teleportation network around the zone which fell out of use. Banished for resisting the Legion takeover of the city, his work was still vital to the Nightborne, who made an effort to loot the structures connected to his old workshop's network. After the most vital components were secured and the looting disrupted, he moved to Shal'Aran and worked to restore the rest of the network.
When the arcan'dor in Shal'Aran grew to bear fruit, Oculeth was among the first (alongside Thalyssra and Valtrois) to taste it, this cured his addiction to the Nightwell, restoring him to a nightborne once again. Oculeth eventually set up a new teleportation beacon at Evermoon Terrace after the previous one in the district was destroyed following The Duskwatch's massacre of it's citizens.
As the rebellion began their march on Suramar City, Oculeth, along with Khadgar, set up a telemancy trap for the Duskwatch army. Oculeth also procures a telemancy beacon for Astravar Harbor, allowing the rebellion to access the area.
This section concerns content exclusive to Battle for Azeroth.
Oculeth can be found in Dazar'alor in Zuldazar, where he has set up portals to the Orgrimmar, Silvermoon City, and Thunder Bluff. He comments on how surprised he is that the Horde had never set up an official bureau of telemancy, and has no idea how Horde citizens travel with any degree of safety with all those random portals tearing holes in reality without any proper anchoring. Oculeth is pleased to offer a network of stabilized teleportation to the Horde.
- Why hello.
- Have you made a discovery?
- What is our destination?
- You were just leaving, right?
- Need a teleport? Preferably somewhere far.
- Blink off, already!
- See? Now you made me swear.
- Respect magic, or it will break you.
- May your path be clear.
- Test. Observe. Repeat.
I hunger, but I press on.
<Gain Warpwalking for 10 .>
<Oculeth mumbles incoherently under his breath. His hunger must be sated before all else.>
- It feels so good to no longer be hungry. I bet I could teleport anything now!
- Telemancy beacons help supply power for teleportation triangulations. We should construct additional beacons.
- Mage portals take so long to cast. With telemancy, it is like instant transmission!
Trapped in time.
See THIS is why I stick with telemancy! Chronomancy is dangerous stuff.
<Oculeth pauses for a moment.>
They could be stuck. Forever. We must stop Elisande!
Notes & trivia
- Oculeth learned from Khadgar about the blink spell the Council of Six used to teleport Dalaran, and was intrigued.
- Oculeth is voiced by Keith Szarabajka.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Added.