Chief Telemancer Oculeth
|Affiliation(s)||Kingdom of Suramar, The Nightfallen, Horde|
|Occupation||Chief telemancer (teleportation network inventor/expert)|
|Student(s)||Warpcaster Thwen, Third Telemancer Syranel|
Before the shield around Suramar City was raised, he maintained Oculeth's Workshop and a teleportation network around the zone which fell out of use. He also had another workshop in the city of Zin-Azshari.
Banished for resisting the Legion takeover of the city in the present day, his work was still vital to the Nightborne, who made an effort to loot the structures connected to his old workshop's network. After the most vital components were secured and the looting disrupted, he moved to Shal'Aran and worked to restore the rest of the network.
When the arcan'dor in Shal'Aran grew to bear fruit, Oculeth was among the first (alongside Thalyssra and Valtrois) to taste it, this cured his addiction to the Nightwell, restoring him to a nightborne once again. Oculeth eventually set up a new teleportation beacon at Evermoon Terrace after the previous one in the district was destroyed following The Duskwatch's massacre of its citizens.
As the rebellion began their march on Suramar City, Oculeth, along with Khadgar, set up a telemancy trap for the Duskwatch army. Oculeth also procures a telemancy beacon for Astravar Harbor, allowing the rebellion to access the area.
Battle for Azeroth
Oculeth can be found in Dazar'alor in Zuldazar, where he has set up portals to the Orgrimmar, Silvermoon City, and Thunder Bluff. He commented on how surprised he is that the Horde had never set up an official bureau of telemancy, and has no idea how Horde citizens travel with any degree of safety with all those random portals tearing holes in reality without any proper anchoring. Oculeth is pleased to offer a network of stabilized teleportation to the Horde.
During the Horde War Campaign, he aided his allies by creating a portal within Boralus so that the Speaker of the Horde and Thomas Zelling could acquire the Abyssal Scepter. He later aided Eitrigg in his mission to recruit the Mag'har orc clans by opening the doorway to the alternate Draenor through the powers of the .
He later joined the Horde war fleet under the command of Nathanos Blightcaller, who used the black blade to guide the Horde fleet and the pursuing Alliance fleet towards Nazjatar where both would be attacked by the naga under Queen Azshara's command after the seas were opened. Following the destruction of the fleets, Lor'themar rallied the Horde to him and Oculeth directed the Speaker of the Horde to join up with Lor'themar. After the Horde allied with the Unshackled, Oculeth harnessed the power of their base of operations, Newhome, and the Speaker's in order to open a telemancy connection between Newhome and Dazar'alor.
|Location||Level range||Health range|
|The Great Seal||110 - 120||14,962|
- Arcane Blast - Inflicts Arcane damage to an enemy.
- Arcane Detonation - Inflicts Arcane damage to an enemy, knocking the target back.
- Energy Drain - Drain the energy from an enemy, inflicting Arcane damage over time. Also reduces damage done and movement speed by 2%.
- Why hello.
- Have you made a discovery?
- What is our destination?
- You were just leaving, right?
- Need a teleport? Preferably somewhere far.
- Blink off, already!
- See? Now you made me swear.
- Respect magic, or it will break you.
- May your path be clear.
- Test. Observe. Repeat.
I hunger, but I press on.
Can you repair my equipment?
<Oculeth mumbles incoherently under his breath. His hunger must be sated before all else.>
- It feels so good to no longer be hungry. I bet I could teleport anything now!
- Telemancy beacons help supply power for teleportation triangulations. We should construct additional beacons.
- Mage portals take so long to cast. With telemancy, it is like instant transmission!
Trapped in time.
See THIS is why I stick with telemancy! Chronomancy is dangerous stuff.
<Oculeth pauses for a moment.>
They could be stuck. Forever. We must stop Elisande!
- Dazar'alor gossip
Can you believe that the Horde has never founded an official bureau of telemancy? I mean, I have no idea how the citizens traveled with any degree of safety. The thought of all those random portals tearing holes in reality without proper anchoring...
Well, at any rate, I am pleased to offer a network of stabilized teleportation to the Horde. Move along, please.
- Tide's Fall
This magic defies all the laws of displacement! How wondrous!
- The water manipulation here is staggering. I suppose it makes sense, considering they have been swimming down here for so long. I wonder if I could use telemancy to perpetually remove water from a location to replicate the effect....
- <Oculeth appears to be lost in thought.>
- Azshara is the most powerful sorceress to have ever lived. Do not think for a moment that you are safe or have the upper hand.
- Perpahs when this is done I shall visit Zin-Azshari. I used to have a workshop over there, back before... you know.
- <Oculeth makes a vague gesture.>
- Nazjatar... I thought I would never see it again.
- Deepsea Refuge
Azerite is such a curious substance, wouldn't you agree?
Please add any available information to this section.
Notes and trivia
- Khadgar told Oculeth about the blink spell the Council of Six used to teleport Dalaran, and was intrigued.
- His generic name during is Nightfallen Arcanist.
- Oculeth is voiced by Keith Szarabajka.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Added.
|Chief Telemancer Oculeth||Nightfallen Arcanist|