April 30th - May 7th (2018)
Sightseeing, Hilarious gossip text, Companions
- 1 New in 2016
- 2 Collectables
- 3 Locations
- 4 Levels required
- 5 Quests
- 6 Achievements
- 7 Notes
- 8 History
- 9 Patches and hotfixes
- 10 References
- 11 External links
Children's Week, also known as Week of the Wardens, is celebrated by both the Horde and Alliance in Orgrimmar and Stormwind City. At the beginning of May, and lasting for a week, it is a time for heroes of both sides to give back to the innocents of war...the orphans!
Many Azerothian holidays are based off real-life counterparts. Children's Week generally occurs in early May, and is likely based off of Japan's Children's Day which is held on May 5.
New in 2016
- , only available during Children's Week, is now a toy in the Toy Box.
- as an option for quest rewards.
Children's Week rewards ten companion pets, one from each capital each year. As pets are account-wide, multiple characters on the same account can run the quest chain again to get different rewards in the same year.
Stormwind / Orgrimmar
Depending on which quest chain was chosen, players will receive either of the following by mail:
If players have already completed the selected quest chain, they will instead be able to choose one of:
Eastern Kingdoms / Kalimdor
- Level 10 for the Orgrimmar and Stormwind quests.
- Level 60 for the Shattrath City quest.
- Level 70 for the Dalaran quests.
- Level 77 to get all the achievements for the meta-achievement.
- Alliance - Stormwind
- Horde - Orgrimmar
The Alliance and the Horde have separate quest chains in Outland:
The Dalaran quests are available to both factions, but only one of the Oracles or the Frenzyheart quest chains may be chosen each year.
- Oracles quest chain
- Frenzyheart quest chain
The orphan's week event is tied to several achievements.
Players must be level 77 to complete (minimum level to zone in on the Dungeon Finder) and (minimum level is 75 to eat some of the foods sold by Aimee in Dalaran ).
All of these achievements are simple at the level cap - except , which should be your first priority for the meta. The others can be done within an hour or so of play.
|Use your while your orphan is with you.||10|
|Eat the sweets listed below while your orphan is watching.
|Complete five daily quests with your orphan out.||10|
|Obtain one of the Children's Week reward pets.||10|
|Take your orphan into the battlegrounds and complete the feats listed below.
|Defeat King Ymiron in Utgarde Pinnacle with your orphan out.||10|
|Acquire , and on one character.||50|
- The faction capital, Outland and Northrend quest chains are separate from each other, and all three can be completed in the given week.
- is usable on the orphans.
- In order to complete the achievements after finishing the quest chains, ask the matron for another whistle.
- The whistles will last for the duration of the event, after which they will disappear. Although the achievements only specify needing your orphan out to complete the criteria, you will only be able to earn credit for them during the event.
- 2005 May 1–8: Initial Release
- 2006 May 9–16
- 2007 May 22–29: Followed Patch 2.1. Children's week came to Shattrath City
- 2008 May 1–7
- 2009 May 1–7: Midnight of the first through 23:59 on the night of the 7th
- 2009 August 4–11: Following Patch 3.2.0, belated release of Dalaran Children's Week content
- 2010 May 2–8
- 2011 May 1–7: Quests for Stormwind and Orgrimmar orphans have been changed. Two new companions.
- 2012 April 29 – May 6
- 2013 April 29 – May 6
- 2014 April 28 – May 4
- 2015 April 27 – May 5
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14):
- Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04): Wolvar and Gorloc orphans have arrived in Dalaran and need your help! Players can find out more by visiting the Eventide District (completing the quests being offered for this event will not count toward any Children's Week achievements). Players have a limited amount of time to care for these orphans before they take their leave. They will then return again for the regularly-scheduled Children's Week next year.
- Hotfix (2009-04-30): "If a player loses their at any time during the in-game Children's Week event they can speak to a Matron in cities to receive a replacement."
- Hotfix (2009-04-30): "Players can now obtain another from an Orphan Matron, even if they have completed all the associated orphan's quests."
- Patch 1.4.0 (2005-05-05): Added.