Cho'gall (alternate universe)
|Race||Ogre mage (Humanoid)|
|Character class||Mage, Warlock|
|Occupation||Former member of the Shadow Council|
Cho'gall is a two-headed ogre. He seems to have betrayed the Gorian Empire in order to further his own power and later becomes a servant of Gul'dan and a member of the Shadow Council, but ultimately betrays them as well, after gaining knowledge and power from the naaru, K'ure, and subjugates the Pale in the process in order to lay siege to Highmaul and claim the ancient stones wielded by Imperator Mar'gok.
Early life and the Shadow Council
- Main article: Cho'gall#Draenor
Warlords of DraenorThis section concerns content exclusive to Warlords of Draenor.
Cho'gall, , and Gul'dan were captured by the Iron Horde and used to power the Dark Portal in Tanaan Jungle. Adventurers freed them in order to destroy the portal and stop the Iron Horde's invasion of Azeroth.
However, upon arrival in Highmaul, Cho'gall was imprisoned. After Kargath Bladefist is defeated, Cho'gall breaks free and unleashes his Pale servants upon the city. He then disappears into a portal as Mar'gok flees, aiming to seize the Stones that the line of Sorcerer Kings have held for generations.
On Mythic difficulty, Cho'gall arrives during the encounter with Imperator Mar'gok, seizing the Sorcerer King in a field of dark magic. Cho'gall draws the power of the Stones from Mar'gok's body, killing him in the process, before attacking the raid. Cho'gall eventually falls, leaving a cryptic warning that his new master is drawing close to Draenor.
|Location||Level range||Health range|
|Assault on the Dark Portal||??||849,056|
|Nagrand (alternate universe)||??||1,033,513|
- Tanaan Jungle
- Seek out Gul'dan if you truly wish to stop the Iron Horde. (Gul'dan! Gul'dan powers the portal!)
- Frostfire Ridge
- Do you feel the power they're drawing on? (It's the naaru in Nagrand!)
- We should subjugate these Pale orcs and the... (An intruder! Let's leave.)
- Gul'dan says: Cho'gall! I sent you here to enslave this thing.
- Gul'dan says: Where is my power, ogre?
- Cho'gall says: Your power? (It's MY power!)
- Gul'dan says: You will obey, disciple. Hand over its reins.
- Cho'gall says: I think not. (We're are done taking orders from you!)
- Cho'gall says: We've learned much from . (We're writing a book.)
- Gul'dan says: You're insane.
- Cho'gall says: Run away old man. (Soon Highmaul will burn. Then the World!)
- Main article: Kargath Bladefist (tactics)#Quotes
- Main article: Imperator Mar'gok (alternate universe)#Quotes
- In the earlier lore, Cho'gall was referred to as the first of the Ogre-Magi, but the recent lore indicates that Gorian Empire was ruled by a dynasty of sorcerers, with Imperator Mar'gok being the latest descendant of this line. Cho'gall himself was most likely affiliated with the Gorian, but betrayed them in pursuit of power, and later returned to Highmaul in order to kill Mar'gok and claim his ancient stones.
- Cho'gall's model resembles a mixture between his original Prime universe form, and his mutated form as he possesses the altered body structure and rocky protrusions from his mutation (and strangely also possesses the 'x' scars that were derived from the Second War), but lacks the eyes. It is unknown why the Disciples of Cho'gall model wasn't used; scar aside, it closely resembles Cho'gall's original appearance.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Added.