|This article is a strategy stub. You can help expand it by editing it.
|Race||Arcane elemental (Elemental)|
Chronomatic Anomaly is the second boss in the Nighthold.
The cavern at the base of the Nightwell is a maelstrom of raw energy, as the power to fuel an entire civilization courses from the earth. Born from this chaotic flux, the Chronomatic Anomaly is an embodiment of the power of the Eye of Aman'thul. As it lashes out with energy attacks, the bursts of energy warp the very flow of time.
The rate at which time flows fluctuates over the course of the encounter. These changes affect players' movement and actions, but the Chronomatic Anomaly is exceptionally sensitive to the flow of time and its abilities may be drastically affected.
- Waning Time Particles and Fragmented Time Particles continually emit raidwide damage via Warp Nightwell unless interrupted.
- Defeat Waning Time Particles quickly to allow your tanks to interrupt Power Overwhelming.
- Once hit with Temporal Smash the Chronomatic Anomaly will take additional damage.
- You will have significantly different amounts of time to react to Time Release based on the the current Passage of Time rate.
- Waning Time Particles continually emit raidwide damage via Warp Nightwell.
- Power Overwhelming inflicts increasing damage until it is interrupted by a Temporal Smash.
- Monitor your stacks of Chronometric Particles and be aware of any changes in their duration.
- Power Overwhelming can be interrupted by a Temporal Smash from a Temporal Orb.
- Passage of Time — The flow of time near the Nightwell is ever changing. These changes will affect casting, movement, and attack speeds. Periodic effects and cooldowns will also be affected.
- Chronometric Particles — Each application inflicts 78200 Arcane damage to the victim every 2 sec. If the victim ever has more than 9 applications of Chronometric Particles a Chronometric Overload occurs.
- Burst of Time — The caster hurls an orb of temporal energies that explodes when hitting the ground. The explosion inflicts 693750 to 806250 Arcane damage to all enemies within 6 yards of the target location.
- Time Release — Applies a healing absorb to the victim. When the effect ends, Arcane damage is dealt to all enemies based on the amount of heal absorbtion remaining.
- Time Bomb — Places a Time Bomb on the victim of variable duration. When this effect expires, all players suffer 888000 to 1032000 Arcane damage. This damage dissipates the further away the victim is from the explosion.
- Depleted Time Particle — Fires Tachyon Pulses at random enemies. When a Depleted Time Particle dies, it explodes in a Tachyon Burst.
- Tachyon Pulse — The caster sends out a burst of time particles, inflicting 555000 to 645000 Arcane damage to all players.
- Tachyon Burst — When the caster dies, a massive burst of Tachyon energy is released, inflicting 800000 Arcane damage to all players.
- Temporal Volatility — This creature will react violently if exposed to a Temporal Charge, inflicting 0 Arcane damage and knocking back all enemies within 10 yards.
- — Continually Warps the fabric of time within the Nightwell, damaging all players in the zone. Leaves behind a Temporal Rift and divides into Fragmented Time Particles on death.
- Warp Nightwell — The caster warps the Nightwell, inflicting 138750 to 161250 Arcane damage to all players. Each cast of this spell increases the damage of caster's successive Warps by 20%. When the Waning Time Particle reaches 30% health remaining this ability becomes uninterruptable.
- Temporal Rift — Upon death, the elemental fragments into four Fragmented Time Particles, leaving a Temporal Rift behind. Players can interact with the rift to gain a Temporal Charge.
- Temporal Charge — You are infused with volatile Temporal energy, inflicting increasing Arcane damage to you every second. This energy grants you the ability, "Temporal Smash."
- — Fragmented Time Particles continually Warp the Nightwell until they are defeated.
- Chronomate — Strikes the target for Arcane damage.
- Temporal Orbs — The energies of the Nightwell overflow, issuing out a multitude of Temporal Orbs. These orbs inflict 400000 Arcane damage to all players in their path.
- Power Overwhelming — The caster focuses their power on the Nightwell, causing it to periodically pulse out 462500 to 537500 Arcane damage to all players. The caster will continue to focus their power in this manner until they are interrupted by a Temporal Smash. Each burst of damage increases the damage of further bursts by 15%. Power Overwhelming continues until the Chronomatic Anomaly is interrupted by a Temporal Smash.
- yells: Now the fate of my people rests in the hands of outsiders... all of you... to save us from the terrible bargain made by our queen.
- First Arcanist Thalyssra yells: Shanar daloras! I have no idea how such an entity came to be, but the essence of the Nightwell is surging through it.
- First Arcanist Thalyssra yells: Tendrils of power are emanating from the aberration. I believe Elisande is using this creature to maintain the time lock spell.
- First Arcanist Thalyssra yells: In order to free our allies at the gate, this monstrosity must be destroyed!
- Why defy that which devours all things?
- Time Bomb
- The wheels of time turn against you.
- Fragmented Time Particle
- Time is on MY side.
- So linear. So limited.
- Slowed Time
- Feel like time is standing still?
- Fasten Time
- Precise. Perfect. Inevitable.
- Normal Time
- Time waits for no one.
- Killed a player
- A timely demise.
- It was only a matter of time.
- My time has come.
- First Arcanist Thalyssra yells: The time lock is broken! They are free
- Archmage Khadgar yells: No doubt our forces will be disoriented. I will inform them what happened and see that they make ready to resume our assault.
- First Arcanist Thalyssra yells: From here we have access to the palace grounds. We can open the gates from the inside!
- Archmage Khadgar yells: An excellent plan. Good luck, heroes.
- Time races past you.
- Time will not be kind.
- I have all the time in the world.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Added.