Clerics (or clerists) are holy men and women that can be found all over Azeroth. Their spiritual leadership keeps both the communities and the troops of their people focused upon their mission. Their ability to channel the spirit of their religion through their bodies makes them truly wondrous, and stories of their ability to heal the sick and injured, as well as being able to affect the perceptions of others, are miraculous in nature.
Clerics of Northshire
- Main article: Cleric (Warcraft I)
Perhaps the most famous clerics are the Clerics of Northshire that existed during the First War. The transgressions against humanity by the orcs forced them to devise ways to defend themselves, but their true path remained the healing of men's souls.
Some of the clerics were warrior priests, but many were merely healers, and they suffered great losses during the war, which is why the Knights of the Silver Hand were created in the first place - to defend the people as well as heal them.
- Dark Cleric Duesten
- Dark Cleric Claressa
- Dark Cleric Beryl
- Dark Cleric Pordon
- Dark Cleric Cecille
- Dark Cleric Malod
- Dark Cleric Laresa
- Dark Cleric Salem
The Forsaken have dark clerics which like most Forsaken have turned their abilities towards the Forgotten Shadow. Dark clerics are likely equivalent to the dark priests, which are like archbishops ruling over wide territories of the cult of the Forgotten Shadow.
- Abbot of Northshire Abbey
- Alonsus Faol
- Uther the Lightbringer
- Lady Mara Fordragon
- High Cleric Alphus
- Cleric Maluuf
- Condemned Cleric - Hillsbrad Foothills
- Scarlet High Clerist - Western Plaguelands
- Scarlet Cleric - Eastern Plaguelands
- Nethergarde Cleric - Blasted Lands
- Argent Dawn Cleric - Scourge Invasion
- Phasing Cleric - Auchenai Crypts
- Unliving Cleric - Auchenai Crypts
- Cleric of Karabor - Shadowmoon Valley
- Human Cleric - Karazhan
- Shattered Sun Cleric - Shattrath City
- Alliance Cleric - The Nexus
- Horde Cleric - The Nexus
- 7th Legion Cleric - Dragonblight
- Marshtide Cleric - Swamp of Sorrows
- Stormwind Cleric - Purge of Dalaran
- Auchenai Cleric - Auchindoun
- Sargerei Cleric - Auchindoun
Notes and trivia
- Tirion Fordring was once disguised as a Cleric of the Argent Crusade to arrive in Northrend without being spotted by the Scourge.
- Sky Commander Adaris refers to the arakkoa talonpriests as clerics.
- In the Dragonlance series, clerists are knights that gained the ability to cast divine spells much as a cleric does through worship.
- ^ Warcraft: Orcs & Humans manual, Azeroth Army of the First War, Cleric
- ^ Metzen, Chris. Of Blood and Honor, 15. ISBN 978-0-7434-1897-3.
- ^ Arthaus. Warcraft: The Roleplaying Game, 60. ISBN 9781588460714.
- ^ Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness manual, Alliance Ground Units, Paladin
- ^ Bennie, Scott; Richard Farrese, Bob Fitch. Horde Player's Guide, 161. ISBN 9781588467720.