85 (Requires 85)
The daggers I have given you are lifeless shells. They can do great things, once they are given a means to contain the power I have in mind.
I need for you to acquire Shadowy Gems for me. The facets of these unusual stones are like windows into the infinite. They are often used by minions of the Twilight's Hammer to control the most powerful of elementals.
A great battle is raging around Wyrmrest temple. Collect Elementium Gem Clusters from Deathwing's minions and bring the gems to me.
How many gems have you collected?
Are my father´s minions as twisted as him?
Ah, do you see how they shimmer? Many fine gems sparkle in the light, but only these seem to sparkle with darkness.
I´ll perform an enchantment on these while you are on your next mission.
Are you ready?
After turning in the quest:
- Wrathion says: The gems you collected will be able to augment the power of the weapons I gave you, but I require another ingredient. It will come from your next target.
- Fahrad says: We´ve just located her here, in the caverns beneath Karazhan. Fearful for her life, she is researching arcane secrets buried beneath the foundation.
- Wrathion says: Her name is "Nalice." And until recently she stood at Wyrmrest Temple as the representative of the black dragonflight. Now? She´s on the run.
- Fahrad says: She´s surrounded herself with a small army of deranged dragon cultists. They may not by right in the head, but they´re well-armed. And dangerous.
- Wrathion says: I hope to see you back from this mission alive. But if I do not, I want to say I´ve enjoyed seeing you work. You´re a credit to your race. Good luck.
- Bosses drop one in 10-player normal or Heroic, and one to three in 25-player normal or Heroic. No Clusters drop on the Raid Finder difficulty. Each Cluster can be opened to reveal 3-9x contained therein.
- An Elementium Gem Cluster is not quest loot, and will not be duplicated for all eligible recipients; such recipients will have to determine who wins each drop as with any other item. Only rogues completing this quest or its eventual followup need and are able to loot them.
- If a rogue completes full Dragon Soul runs under ideal conditions (25-player modes, as the only person in the raid looting each Elementium Gem Cluster), theoretically it could take anywhere from 2 to 14 runs to complete this quest. Such extremes are nearly impossible however, and on average 16 Clusters yielding 96 Shadowy Gems would be found each time, thus requiring four raids on different weeks to complete. Running 10-player modes - or splitting 25-player drops with a second rogue - 48 Gems is the usual average, resulting in seven runs expected to finish.
- Elementium Gem Clusters are also needed for [Sharpening Your Fangs later in the chain, so do not destroy excess Clusters, and do not hesitate to finish out a raid in which you have reached your 333 Shadowy Gem goal.
- Patch 4.3.0 (2011-11-29): Added.