Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Cold Weather Flying
|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 7.3.5.
- Cold Weather Flying
- Allows you to ride flying mounts in Northrend.
Cold Weather Flying was a spell that is taught by a <Cold Weather Flying Trainer> for 50. It enables players to use their flying mounts in Northrend. Druids too will require this to use their / in Northrend. Players have to be level 68 or higher to purchase this ability, but will also learn it automatically for free at level 80. Your character only needs to train Cold Weather Flying once; you do not need to re-train if you acquire it before learning Artisan (300) riding.
- Cloudrunner Leng <Flying Trainer> in Shrine of Seven Stars
- Hira Snowdawn <Cold Weather Flying Trainer> in Dalaran
- Pilot Vic <Flying Trainer> in Sholazar Basin
- Roxi Ramrocket <Flying Trainer> in The Storm Peaks
- Skydancer Shun <Flying Trainer> in Shrine of Two Moons
- Bralla Cloudwing <Flying Trainer> in Stormwind City
- Darlene Stokx <Riding Trainer> in Stormwind City
- Hargen Bronzewing <Flying Trainer> in Hellfire Peninsula
- Ilsa Blusterbrew <Flying Trainer> in Shadowmoon Valley
- Maigra Keenfeather <Flying Trainer> in Borean Tundra
- Maztha <Flying Trainer> in Orgrimmar
- Olrokk <Flying Trainer> in Shadowmoon Valley
- Wind Rider Jahubo <Flying Trainer> in Hellfire Peninsula
- Wind Rider Sabamba <Flying Trainer> in Borean Tundra
- The ability to fly in Northrend was initially meant to require a questline, but this was removed. Instead, a character had to be level 77 and offer 1000.
- An alternative was , which could be bought at level 80 at the same price, but used at level 68 by an alternate character.
- Patch 4.0.1 lowered the level requirement to 68 and the price to 500. This price is discounted with respective Northrend factions of the Warsong Offensive for Horde players, and the Valiance Expedition for Alliance characters. However, it is more likely that a player at that level would be Exalted with Stormwind/Orgrimmar, and as such it would be the cheapest to purchase the training right in the capital.
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 7.3.5 (2018-01-16): Removed.
- Hotfix (2016-07-22): "Cold Weather Flying now costs 50, and is automatically learned at level 80."
- Hotfix (2016-07-20): "(Work in progress) Cold Weather Flying should be granted to characters who previously obtained it."
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Cold Weather Flying now available at level 68 for 500 from any flying trainer. The cost can now be reduced with appropriate reputation. has been removed.
- Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04): For 1,000 level 80 Main characters can purchase the Heirloom Tome of Cold Weather Flight and give it to their alts level 68+ that have a riding skill of 225+ to learn Cold Weather Flying.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Added.