||The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 4.0.1.
- This includes items and quests that can no longer be obtained or are now deprecated.
- The in-game information in this article is kept purely for historical purposes.
- For the death knight artifact talent, see [Cold Snap].
Cold as Ice is a mage talent in the frost tree that reduces the cooldowns of [Cold Snap], [Ice Barrier] and [Summon Water Elemental] spells by 10% per point, up to 20% at rank 2.
Tips and tactics
Cold as Ice reduces the cooldowns of several important frost mage spells, including spells with longer cooldowns, such as [Summon Water Elemental] and [Cold Snap]. With two ranks in the talent, Summon Water Elemental's cooldown is 2.4 minutes and Cold Snap's cooldown is 8 minutes. All of the spells that Cold as Ice affects are talent-trained, thus it is most beneficial to mages with these spells trained.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Removed.
- Patch 3.0.3 (2008-11-04): No longer reduces the cooldown on Deep Freeze.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Renamed from [Ice Floes], now reduces cooldown of Cold Snap, Ice Barrier, Summon Water Elemental, and Deep Freeze by 10/20%.