- "A little fire goes a long way." —Cerripha Sunstreak
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Redesigned. Now increases critical strike by 100% and Mastery equal to the Critical Strike stat for 10 seconds. Cooldown increased from 45 seconds to 2 minutes.
- Hotfix (2014-11-12): "Combustion is now learned at level 80 (up from level 77)."
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14):
- Patch 5.4.0 (2013-09-10): Combustion on targets affected by the Mage's Ignite now deals additional damage equal to 20% of Ignite's damage per tick (down from 50%).
- Hotfix (2012-11-29): "The periodic damage from Combustion has been reduced by 50%."
- Patch 5.1.0 (2012-11-27): Periodic damage is now based only on the current Ignite, instead of both Ignite and Pyroblast. Damage has been increased to bring it up to approximately the same level as before.
- Hotfix (2012-10-16): "Combustion direct damage that does not crit now causes Heating Up to be removed after a short delay. Additionally, the delay on non-crits removing Heating Up has been increased from 0.25sec to 0.5sec."
- Hotfix (2012-09-14): "
- Hotfix (2012-09-12): "Combustion should no longer ignore target damage multipliers when calculating the damage of the Pyroblast DoT on the target."
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Combustion now only affects and Ignite, and will now stun its target. Cooldown reduced to 45 seconds.
- Patch 4.3.0 (2011-11-29): Combustion’s periodic damage can now critically hit.
- Hotfix (2011-07-26): "Combustion should no longer ignore damage modifiers on a target. As an example, Smoldering Elemental packs in the Firelands should no longer take full damage from Impact’s spread of Combustion, despite these creatures having damage reduction modifiers."
- Patch 4.1.0 (2011-04-26): No longer has a global cooldown.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Redesigned.
- Patch 3.3.3 (2010-03-23): The cooldown on this spell is now 2 minutes, down from 3 minutes.
- Patch 3.2.2 (2009-09-22): This talent now also increases the critical strike damage bonus of Fire spells by 50% while it is active. In addition, periodic ticks will no longer interact with the count or the charges on the talent.
- Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04): Fire spell misses will no longer trigger this talent.
- Patch 1.12.0 (2006-08-22): Reduced the number of messages that appear in the combat log when using Combustion.
- Patch 1.11.0 (2006-06-20): Redesigned. When activated, this spell causes each Fire damage spell you cast to increase your critical strike chance with Fire damage spells by 10%. This effect lasts until you have caused 3 critical strikes with Fire spells. 3 minute cooldown. Previously, it increased the critical strike chance of the next fire spell by 100%, only guaranteeing one critical strike. The cooldown was 5 minutes.