Commander Kolurg is a boss located in the Hall of Stasis in The Nexus. He is only available in Heroic mode. While the fight is a fairly simple tank and spank, he does cast Whirlwind quite often and non-plate melee need to get away without being hit, as they will be basically one-shotted. The range of Whirlwind seems quite wide and hits for over 20K on leather.
This fight is a carbon copy of the boss encountered by Horde players, Commander Stoutbeard, with the obvious exception that he isn't a dwarf.
Commander Kolurg sought dangerous treasures to add to the Horde armories. His anger at his misfortune in the Halls of Stasis will not be eased when he thaws to find Alliance adventurers stealing his thunder.
- Whirlwind — Commander Kolurg attacks all players within 0 yards in a whirlwind of steel, inflicting Physical damage.
- Battle Shout — Commander Kolurg increases the melee attack power of nearby allies for 2 min.
- Charge — Commander Kolurg charges a player, inflicting Physical damage and stunning them for 2 sec.
- Frightening Shout — Commander Kolurg releases a terrifying yell, fearing all players within 0 yards for 6 sec.
Avoid his whirlwind at all costs. He also comes with two priest healers who respawn on wipes.
The strategy is mainly tank and spank and to make sure that you pull him far back enough that fear wont attract more enemies. Melee should watch out for whirlwind by standing at max melee range and moving away once you see the animation and tank should keep boss far away from any casters. Depending on the group depends on the order of killing the extra priests.
- What is this? Mok-thorin ka! Kill them!
- Killing a player
- Our task is not yet done!
(Note that this video contains multiple bosses and not just this one)
- Commander Kolurg is voiced by Michael McConnohie.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Added.