|Level||91 - 92 Elite|
|Location||Siege of Niuzao Temple|
Commander Vo'jak is the second boss of Siege of Niuzao Temple.
What Commander Vo'jak lacks in strategic brilliance, he makes up for with raw ferocity. His devastating strikes were crucial to the mantid's exploitation of their insidious bridge, allowing them to infiltrate the island. Yet devising battle plans is for the mantid general; Vo'jak craves only blood.
Spells and Abilities
The Escaped Prisoners
The mantid captured these three Pandaren during the initial attack on Niuzao Temple, but the prisoners were able to break free of their bindings and fight back. Now they stand ready to do whatever it takes to end the siege.
- Caustic Tar — Escaped prisoners, Li and Lo Chu, will position and prepare mantid tar kegs for use in the battle. Players can throw the kegs of Caustic Tar onto the battlefield. Caustic Tar inflicts on any unit standing within the tar 23,750 Nature damage, reduces movement speed by 50%, and increases damage taken by 10%. This effect stacks. The Caustic Tar also removes any effect from the target that increases movement or attack speed.
Stage One: Bring It!
Commander Vo'jak orders his forces to attack the players.
- Sik'thik Swarmer — Lightly armored and well trained, the Sik'thik Swarmers are a key part of the Vo'jak's forces.
- Sik'thik Amberwing — The Sik'thik Amberwing flies to the top of the platform and bombards the players.
- Sik'thik Demolisher — Quick and volatile, these mantid carry explosive charges.
- Sik'thik Warrior — Sik'thik Warriors slowly advance on the enemy position.
Stage Two: Your Defenses Did Not Stop Me!
Commander Vo'jak's enters the battle as his forces near defeat at the hands of the players.
- Rising Speed — Commander Vo'jak focuses his will and determination, increasing his attack speed by 15% every 2 sec. This effect stacks.
- Dashing Strike — Commander Vo'jak charges a random enemy player, inflicting 71,250 Physical damage to all enemies passed through. The Strike also knocks back his current target, inflicting an additional 190,000 Physical damage.
- Thousand Blades — Immediately after using Dashing Strike, Commander Vo'jak begins to spin around and send blades outward, inflicting Physical damage to all targets within 8 yards. Thousand Blades also removes the Caustic Tar effect.
This fight comes in 2 phases.
Phase 1: 4 waves of the Sik'Thik army make their way up the platform. You get kegs of tar to defend yourself with. Throw the kegs of tar near eachother and in the path that the army walks through. During the waves a Sik'Thik Amberwing bombards the platform, move out of the yellow circle to avoid damage. You can use the kegs on the adds that reach the top, be carefull not to hit your party members. Take out any of the army that reaches the top of the platform. Demolishers blow up with 1 hit and blow up any enemys that stand near them, shoot them before they reach the top.
Wave 1 = Sik'Thik Swarmers
Wave 2 = Sik'Thiks Demolishers
Wave 3 = Sik'Thik Swarmers & 1 Sik'Thik Warrior
Wave 4 = Sik'Thiks Demolishers & 1 Sik'Thik Warrior
Phase 2: Commander Vo'Jak makes his way up the platform.
Keep your back towards a wall at all times, he charges for a random party member and does a knock back.
Move out of his charging path to avoid damage.
Use a keg of tar on him to remove his Rising Speed buff.
Move away from Vo'Jak when he casts Thousand Blades (AoE spinning attack)
Reapply the tar debuff once he's done spinning.
|Strength plate helm|
|Caster leather chest|
|Caster cloth bracers|
|Agility mail gloves|
- Meeting our backup
- Yang Ironclaw says: Thanks for the save, but we're still stuck in the middle of the entire mantid army.
- Yang Ironclaw says: Look out there. Too many for us to take head on.
- Yang Ironclaw says: Hmmm... I have a crazy idea that just might work, but we'll need your help heroes!
- Yang Ironclaw says: Let's give these mantid a taste of their own medicine!
- Yang Ironclaw says: Li and Lo, get the sap into position!
- Yang Ironclaw says: Let's get this party started, shall we?
- Yang Ironclaw yells: Bring it, uglies!
- Yang Ironclaw yells: We'll squish you like bugs!
- Yang Ironclaw yells: We've got your sap -- come and get it!
- Commander Vo'jak yells: Fools! Attacking the might of the Mantid head on? Your deaths will be swift!
- Sik'thik Swarmer
- Commander Vo'jak yells: Swarmers, attack! Tear the flesh from their bones!
- Yang Ironclaw says: Swarmers are coming up the ramp -- use the sap to slow them down!
- Sik'thik Demolisher
- Commander Vo'jak yells: Demolishers, get in there! Leave nothing but a pile of ash!
- Yang Ironclaw says: Demolishers are carrying explosives! Any direct hit will blow them up!
- Sik'thik Warrior
- Commander Vo'jak yells: Warriors, trample these weaklings! Crush them!
- Yang Ironclaw says: Warriors coming in! Focus your fire!
- Sik'thik Amberwing
- Commander Vo'jak yells: Carpet bomb the platform! Send in the Amberwing!
- Commander Vo'jak yells: They are holding us off, bring in the air support!
- Commander Vo'jak yells: Amberwing, get in there! Lay siege to their holdouts!
- Yang Ironclaw says: The Amberwing is flying in, watch out!
- All in!
- Everyone, send everything! Slaughter these cowards, they are making us look like fools!
- Enters the fight
- Pah! Those who failed deserved to die; you merely culled the weak!
- I must finish this myself, then. So be it!
- Killing a player
- Too easy!
- Were you even trying?
- Haha, you die so easily!
- Commander Vo'jak yells: It was... a trap...
- Yang Ironclaw says: Well, that was fun, wasn't it?
- Yang Ironclaw says: Li and Lo, go look after our friends down below.
- Yang Ironclaw says: Ah, this gate is locked, but I think I have something that'll open it.
- Yang Ironclaw says: Let me see here... thirty second fuse...
- Yang Ironclaw says: Whoops, did I say thirty? I meant three.
- Yang Ironclaw says: Go, hurry! You must stop the siege!
- Unused quote
- Yang Ironclaw: Ah, reinforcements!
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Added.