Components of Importance (Purgation Isle)
|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 4.0.3a.
60 (Requires 58)
- Not the version of this item you were looking for? See Components of Importance.
<class>, listen closely. Now that we have the brazier, and the means to light it, we still need another component to suffuse it with; something that will provide a focus strong enough to entice the spirit of my deceased, former comrade.
An ogre necromancer that traveled with us, Kormok, delighted in summoning forth the souls of the banished dead of Purgation Isle, off the south coast of the Hillsbrad Foothills. Go there and retrieve some Soul Ashes of the Banished from their remains.
Have you returned already then, <class>, with what I sent you out to gather?
A job well done, <name>. I will imbue the essence of the ashes into the brazier.
Now all that is left is to get into Scholomance, to Ras Frostwhisper's chamber, and use the brazier to summon forth the spirit of my former cohort, Kormok. The amulet piece, and Valthalak's spirit within, has corrupted him even further, and he will not rest until you forcibly take it from him.
Upon completion of this quest you will gain:
- 9550 XP (or a 57 compensation at level 80)
- This is the third step in the quest chain to upgrade your Dungeon Set 1 Helm and Chestpiece into Dungeon Set 2.
- Purgation Isle is off the coast of the Hillsbrad Foothills. It is southwest from the Azurelode Mine.
- The ashes are dropped by the Undead on the isle such as Condemned Acolytes, Condemned Clerics, and Cursed Paladins.