Conflagration (mage talent)
Conflagration is a level 15 Fire mage talent. It grants a debuff to Fireball, dealing minor damage to the target. It also gives the debuff and Ignite both a chance to flare up, causing instant damage to the target and all nearby enemies.
Tips and Tactics
- Most of the damage done by Conflagaration is done by its Flare-up effect, and the talent gains substantial strength with every additional target to damage. In order to maximize its damage on numerous targets, it's important to keep Ignite up on as many targets as possible. While Ignite spreads itself, it can immediately be placed upon grouped up targets with a single cast of , allowing Flare-ups to happen faster than waiting for Ignite to spread itself.
- Even on single-target fights however, the steady stream of damage combined with the Flare-up effect make it nearly just as strong as its competing talent , and stronger than .
- Conflagaration's DoT effect cannot critically strike and is unaffected by haste.
- Conflagaration's Flare-up effect can critically strike, and damage is not reduced by the Area of effect damage cap.
- Prior to Patch 4.0.1, used to have an attached DoT effect, dealing damage every 2 seconds for 8 seconds. Conflagaration essentially returns Fireball's DoT to it in a stronger form.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Added.