Consecration is a level 32 paladin ability for Holy and Protection, and level 15 talent for Retribution.
It lasts 3 seconds longer for Retribution paladins.
- For Protection, Consecration improves certain spells while standing in it:
- As an AoE damage spell, the DPS aefficiency of Consecrate is greatly increased for every enemy within the area. It is also a great way to deal damage to multiple enemies. Both of these factors make it an excellent spell for tanking.
- Lightbringer Armor 4-piece bonus increases the damage dealt by Consecration by 10%.
- Consecration is a basic Paladin spell in Hearthstone. The flavor text reads: "Consecrated ground glows with Holy energy. But it smells a little, too."
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2016-07-25): "Fixed a bug that was interrupting player loot windows when Consecration was active."
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Now available to all specializations. Mana cost removed.
- Patch 5.2.0 (2013-03-05): Base damage increased by 789%, and now scales less efficiently with attack power by approximately 11%.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Now a Protection specialization ability. Duration reduced from 10 to 9 seconds.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Consecrate now lasts 10 seconds but has a 30-second cooldown, and works with Holy Power instead of spell power. Major talent-tree revamps have eliminated many of the talents that formerly improved Consecration's performance. Many of the items that used to affect Consecration no longer have those attributes.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Now scales with attack power and spell power.
- Patch 2.2.0 (2007-09-25): Now properly hits large creatures.
- Patch 2.1.0 (2007-05-22): Corrected a tooltip typo. Low ranks of this ability being cast by high-level players are now being properly penalized.
- Patch 1.10.0 (2006-03-28):
- Fixed problem where occasionally repeated casts of Consecration will not deal damage.
- The charges from the will now be consumed by melee and ranged abilities and spells which do non-physical damage. This includes: , Judgement of Righteousness, , Judgement of Command, , and . The trinket will also now burn charges from each casting of a damage over time spell, heal over time spell, and area aura spells such as and Consecration. Only one charge will be burned per area spell cast, rather than multiple charges per target hit as was previously the case.
- Patch 1.9.0 (2006-01-03): No longer displays a debuff icon on targets in the area of effect.
- Patch 1.7.0 (2005-09-22):
- Fixed a bug where area of effect periodic damage spells were being resisted more frequently than they should have been when casting lower level ranks of the spell (affected spells were , Consecration, , , , and ).
- Consecration and other similar spells can no longer be used by non-PvP flagged players to damage PvP flagged enemies.
- Patch 1.6.0 (2005-07-12): No longer resets weapon timer when cast.