Core Hound Pup
This item is mailed out to all characters on accounts that have a Blizzard Authenticator or Blizzard Mobile Authenticator attached, including accounts that are attached to an authenticator in the future. Apparently, it represents the Authenticator as being the "guard dog" of your account.
- Elemental: Ignores all negative weather effects. Enemy pets can still gain the beneficial effects from weather when facing an elemental.
- +50% damage from -33% damage from
|Level 1||Level 2||Level 4|
|Level 10||Level 15||Level 20|
Players are mailed this companion by the WoW Dev Team:
As a thank you for attaching an authenticator to your Battle.net account, we'd like to present you with this fiery, friendly core hound pup.
Please give him a warm welcome!
The Wow Dev Team
Previously the pup was sent from Breanni with the letter:
Please give a warm welcome to your new fiery, friendly core hound pup!
I'm so happy you could give this fiesty little fellow a home.
Ownership of this companion is also dependent on an authenticator; removal of an authenticator from your account will also remove the Core Hound Pup from all characters on that account.
- Scrunches down, then rears up on its hind legs to dance.
- Jumps over to its left, then rolls over on its side to the right, then jumping back to center.
- Right head digs a bone from the ground. After making sure of a firm grip in its jaws, left head tries to grab it while right head denies by turning away. Right head then retaliates by whipping back around and smacking left head with the end of the bone. As left head hangs in dejection, right head tosses bone up into the air, catches it end-first, and scarfs it down.
- Patch 3.3.0 (2009-12-08): Added.