- For other uses, see Corruption (disambiguation).
- Main article: Spine of Deathwing
|Level||87 - 88 Elite|
|Location||Deathwing, Dragon Soul|
- Searing Plasma — The Corruption coats the victim in the searing blood of Deathwing. The thick blood will absorb up to 200000[note 1] healing done to the target and causes the victim to cough up blood. The violent coughing periodically inflicts 10000[note 2] Physical damage ever 10 sec. This ability is not used on Raid Finder difficulty.
- Fiery Grip — The Corruption grips victims with a whip-like cord of plasma, stunning them for up to 30 sec and inflicting 60000[note 3] Fire damage every 3.50 sec. The corruption must channel to maintain this effect, and players may break by inflicting significant damage to the tentacle. This effect prevents players from being thrown off Deathwing's back. This ability is not used on Raid Finder difficulty.
- Each one killed releases a Hideous Amalgamation.
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2011-12-06): "Corruption, Hideous Amalgamation, and Burning Tendons are now level 88, up from 87, and have had their health slightly increased."
- Patch 4.3.0 (2011-11-29): Added.