- There are other places in-game that aren't shown on the Cosmic map.
- Azeroth depiction is different then it's own appearance in it's own world map.
- On the Azeroth side, the map is outdated. The Azuremyst Isles do not appear and Quel'Thalas looks as it did on the old world map. Pandaria is missing since it is located below the word "Azeroth". Broken Isles, Zandalar and Kul Tiras aren't shown as they are now seen on the Azeroth world map, with Broken Isles and Zandalar perhaps being represented by differently shaped islands.
- The original Cosmic map was released for The Burning Crusade, but on the Azeroth side, you can see Northrend, which was introduced as a continent in the following expansion pack, Wrath of the Lich King.
- The two figures in the background are probably Aman'Thul and Sargeras, depicted as antagonists.
The original Cosmic map prior to Warlords of Draenor.
Another beta map during The Burning Crusade late beta.
The beta map during The Burning Crusade early beta.
A cosmic map version on the mouse pad for the 15th Anniversary Collector's Edition.