Council of the Black Harvest
|Theater of operations|
The Council of the Black Harvest was formed by six of the greatest warlocks of Azeroth. They gathered together after 's defeat to teach all warlocks advanced forms of magic stolen from their defeated foes. These powers would be shared with each other to further aid their kind against any future threats to Azeroth. They now fight the Burning Legion alongside the other class orders during the demons' third invasion, and their order hall is the conquered Legion world of Dreadscar Rift.
- Main article: Legacy of the Masters (Part 1)
At first, the six warlocks refused to cooperate, tossing blame and bickering as easily as curses. Finally, after several nights, the human spoke out about how the Alliance, the Horde, and various organizations around the world such as the Knights of the Ebon Blade had trained for war and kept getting stronger and stronger over time. He told them that they needed to do the same and that together, they would become more powerful than they would have ever been alone.
After much debate, it was decided that each warlock would be partnered with another in order to obtain new powers, that would then be shared with the rest of the Council. Although not every warlock in the Council liked each other, they knew that what they would be doing would greatly benefit them all. To make sure greed did not set in with individual members, it was agreed that any warlock that broke the contract, failed to return, or returned alone, would be struck down by the rest of the Council and their soul would be banished forever.
- Ritssyn Flamescow and were sent to Sulfuron Keep to gather the powers left behind by the Firelord.
- and hunted down the remaining members of the Twilight's Hammer and 's followers to persuade them to reveal anything they learned.
- and returned to Outland. While Jubeka learned a lot about different races of demons, Kanrethad sought to put into practice what he had learned about 's demonic transformation, and succeeded in becoming a demon himself. This however culminated in a battle at the summit of the Black Temple between a warlock hero and Kanrethad, ending in the latter's permanent banishment by Jubeka.
- Main article: Council of the Black Harvest Campaign
Each of the original members witnessed one of the great threats to Azeroth.
|The First of the Black Harvest||Leader||Netherlord, and Overlord of the Dreadscar||Alive|
|Former leader||Kanrethad was there when Illidan was put down. He shared the secrets of his transformation with the rest of the Council. Kept in banishment after going mad with power, but regained his senses and was saved in Legion.||Defeatable|
|Master warlock||Ritssyn was there in the Firelands when was vanquished. He was greatly burned by the flames of the Firelord.||Alive|
|Master warlock||Jubeka was Kanrethad's partner on Outland and the one to banish him after he transformed into a demon||Active|
|Master warlock||Shinfel fought in the battle against . Her blood was corrupted by his dark magics and her arms are now covered in black marks left behind by the corruption that had erupted from her skin.||Alive|
|Master warlock||Zinnin witnessed being unmade. He has not spoken a word since||Alive|
|Former master summoner||Zelifrax was recently killed by the pit lord during a failed ritual of summoning||Deceased|
|(Second of the Black Harvest)*||Newest member. Ex-apprentice to Ritssyn, she's in possession of a powerful bloodstone||Alive|
(Second of the Black Harvest)*
|Newest member. Sister of||Alive|
* The First of the Black Harvest chose his Second between Kira Iresoul and Lulubelle Fizzlebang.
Notes & trivia
- The Council of the Black Harvest dealt terrible blows to the Burning Legion throughout the Third invasion of the Burning Legion. They killed one of 's most powerful lieutenants, , took control of his world of Dreadscar Rift, submitted the armies he had stationed there, stole the powerful artifact known as the from him, and enslaved his precious and mighty . They also ruined Gul'dan's ritual by stealing the that he planned to use along the Eye of Dalaran and Book of Medivh to open countless portals to all Legion worlds.
- The Council's archives in Dalaran contain an immeasurable amount of magical knowledge that has been collected from various sources over time.
- The Acolytes of the Black Harvest are ready to sacrifice everything for the forbidden knowledge they pursue. Many of the newer acolytes are often found dead after experimental rituals.
- Three of the six Black Harvest champions in Legion have different specializations than what they were presented with in Mists of Pandaria. Zinnin is Affliction despite his interest in the destructive powers of and Sulfuron Spire, and Jubeka and Kanrethad are respectively Destruction and Affliction despite their research in Demonology and demons in Outland.
Unreleased contentThe subject of this section did not make it out of the PTR stages of patch 5.1.
- They were known as the Council of Six Daggers.
- Each member had a quote in the warlock talents.
- had become concerned in their interest for his father's power. This however did not make it to live servers, and Wrathion's involvement with the Council is thus non-canon.