- Iron Counterweight
- Use: Attaches a counterweight to a two-handed sword, mace, axe or polearm increasing the wielder's haste by 20. Cannot be applied to items higher than level 600.
- 1 Charge
- Sell Price: 5
The Iron Counterweight is created by the Blacksmithing profession.
This item is created with Blacksmithing (165); taught by , a world drop.
POST-BC PATCH NOTE : The counterweight's effect has been changed to 20 haste rating. At level 60 this is equal to a 3% increase in attack speed, and at level 70, a 1.9% increase. This "enchant" scales with weapon damage and attack power. Its damage is surprisingly good. Compared to other enchants, it's very effective for the cost of the materials (about 50s).
With 700 attack power, extra 50 dps:
- (76.54 base weapon dps) = 126.54 dps
- with +15 strength enchant = 128.69 dps
- with iron counterweight = 130.33 dps
- with +9 dmg enchant = 129.03 dps
Basic autoattack damage.
However, the other enchants affect special attacks such as mortal strike or seal of command, while the counterweight only affects autoattack damage.
As of Patch 2.4.2, Blacksmithing is not required to apply the counterweight to a weapon.