Court of Bones
- "The Court of Bones" redirects here. For the quests, see . For the Isle of Thunder subzone, see Court of Bones (Isle of Thunder).
This is where Arthas Menethil and Illidan Stormrage engaged in their final battle for the chance to ascend Icecrown Citadel, which the player can see in . The court of bones is filled with members of the Boneguard.
Currently, the quests and invoke phasing in this area while they are in your quest log.
The normal mobs of the area are absent. In their place are the Boneguard:
- Boneguard Scouts - Gargoyles that wander the area, generally out of melee range but susceptible to thrown lances.
A formation of Boneguard forces in front of the citadel entrance:
- Boneguard Commanders - Jousting foes on par with Champions. Possible to solo, if not interrupted by additional foes.
- Boneguard Lieutenants - Jousting foes on par with Valiants. Readily soloable.
- Boneguard Footmen - Cannon fodder that expire readily when on a Campaign Warhorse.
An Argent Crusade encampment exists north of the Boneguard forces, with a set of barricades shielding them. A number of Campaign Warhorses are here for players to mount.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Added.