||The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 5.0.4.
- This includes items and quests that can no longer be obtained or are now deprecated.
- The in-game information in this article is kept purely for historical purposes.
- For the hunter pet ability, see [Cower].
- Level 26 druid ability
- Melee range
- 20 Energy
- 10 sec cooldown
- Instant cast
- Requires Cat Form
- Cower, causing no damage but lowering your threat by 10%, making the enemy less likely to attack you.
Cower is a basic aggro reduction ability, learned at level 26. It's basically the druid equivalent of the rogue's [Feint] ability.
Tips and Tactics
- Useful when the tank just can't keep 'em off you.
- It's best to preemptively Cower rather than to pull aggro and then Cower. If you pull aggro and the Cower is resisted or isn't enough to drop you below the top aggro target then you're as good as dead thanks to the 10 second cooldown. For example, tank builds 2000 threat on skull target. Meanwhile, as DPS cat, you dealt enough damage to skull target to acquire 1500 threat, 700 threat short of the 110% melee threat cap. Using Cower (Rank 5) at this point drops your threat to 330 threat, preemptively keeping you from the top of the threat table. This is better than using Cower upon reaching 2200 threat because at this point the tank has to overcome your 110% threat cap, 2420 threat, in order to re-acquire aggro from you without using taunt.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Removed.
- Patch 1.1.1 (2004-11-17): Increased the effect, added a cooldown.
- Patch 0.12 (2004-10-11): Now usable against targets that are immune to physical attacks.
- Patch 0.10 (2004-09-18): No longer generates a combo point; energy cost reduced.
- Patch 0.7 (2004-06-15): Energy cost reduced if Cower fails.