A crab is a (typically) small crustacean that is often found on beaches. Crabs have high armor, as the shell would imply. Crabs are typically neutral and ignore passers-by. They drop claws and meat that are used in cooking recipes (e.g., [Crawler Meat] for making Crab Cakes). They are usually found along the coastline. Sometimes, they may appear as critters. One can even find tiny red lava crabs scuttling about in the Searing Gorge and Burning Steppes. Though few crabs were added during The Burning Crusade, they received more attention during Wrath of the Lich King and Cataclysm, the latter of which introduced a second model of crab, often referred to as "sand crabs", after the name of the model used.
Some species have developed an advanced form of camouflage that causes their skin to appear translucent.
Spineclaw crabs of Pandaria have existed for thousands of years and remain one of the continent's oldest creatures.
Types of Crab
||This article or section needs to be cleaned up to a higher standard of quality.
- This may include editing to correct spelling and grammar, rewriting sections to ensure they are clear and concise, and wikifying.
- Amberglass Crabs are found in Pearlfin Village in the Jade Forest.
- Azure Prickly Crawlers are found on the shore near Zouchin Village in Kun-Lai Summit.
- Barbed, Skittering and Snapping Crustaceans can be found within Blackfathom Deeps
- Barbed and Skittering Crawlers can be found surrounding the coasts of Azuremyst Isle.
- Bitterwater Crabs and Muck Sifters are found in the Dread Wastes.
- Canal Crabs are found in the canals of Stormwind.
- Caldemere Snappers appear in Howling Fjord during the quest  I'll Try Anything!
- Cattail Crabs and Glade Pinchers are found in the Valley of the Four Winds.
- Cavern Crawlers are found in Kelp'thar Forest, occupying caves that would later be used as outposts by the horde and the alliance.
- Clattering and Spined Crawlers can be found at The Zoram Strand in Ashenvale.
- Clearwater Sandcrawlers, Sunset Crawlers and Elder Sunset Crawlers can de be found on the shores of Talador.
- Crawlers and Tamed Crawlers are summoned by several mobs.
- Darkmoon Tide Crawler are found on Darkmoon Island.
- Deepseeker Crabs have been trained by the Idra'kess naga of the Shimmering Expanse.
- Desert Crawlers are found in Tanaris, surrounding the areas flooded during the Cataclysm.
- Duneshore Crabs are found near the coasts of Tanaris.
- Enraged Reef Crawlers are found near the north-western coast of Desolace.
- Enthralled Crustaceans are found in Swamp of Sorrows, found in a cave along with several other enthralled creatures.
- Felscale Crawlers are found near the coast of the Badlands. They have been corrupted by Fel energies, and are seen burning with fel flames.
- Fjord Crawlers can be found at the western coast of Howling Fjord.
- Flesh-Eating Sandsnappers are found in Krassarang Wilds.
- Giant Tidecrawlers can be found in Howling Fjord.
- Glass Crabs can be found in alternative Nagrand.
- Golden Crawlers are found in Eversong Woods. Their plague-infected cousins, the Rotting Crawlers, can be found to the south in the Ghostlands.
- Green Sand Crabs are found in the Silver Tide Trench of the Shimmering Expanse. Agitated Green Sand Crabs can also be found here, having become aggressive due to Sambino's drilling operations. The quest  Totem Modification summons an Enormous Sand Crab from beneath the soil.
- Guardian Hatchlings appeared during the battle against the Guardian of the Deep.
- Harbor and Ocean Crawlers are found in the Wetlands, in the waters of Menethil Harbor.
- King Crawlers are found near the Steam Pools of Feralas.
- Landing Crawlers are found in Borean Tundra at Garrosh's Landing and Riplash Strand.
- Luminescent Crawlers can be found in Isle of Thunder.
- Moonshell Crawlers can be found in alternative Shadowmoon Valley.
- Mosstide Crabs can be found in the north fo the Jade Forest.
- Pyreshell Scuttlers can be found at the bottom of Coldlight Chasm in the Abyssal Depths. If tamed, they appear with a different skin each time they are summoned.
- Reef Pinchers can be found in townlong Steppes.
- Saberclaw and Splitclaw Skitterers can be found in the Kelp'thar Forest region of Vashj'ir.
- Sand, Sea and Shore Crawlers are found in Westfall, with a Southern variation living in The Cape of Stranglethorn.
- Sand Scavengers and Sand Snappers are found in Ashran.
- Sandskin Pincers are found south of Nespirah in the Shimmering Expanse.
- Silversand Burrowers are found in the Shimmering Expanse, at Biel'aran Ridge.
- Silt Crawlers are found at the north-eastern coast of Swamp of Sorrows, their larger brethren, the Monstrous Crawlers can be found at the south-eastern coast.
- Southern Sand Crawlers are living on southern coast of The Cape of Stranglethorn.
- Spineshell Pincers are found in the Shimmering Expanse, in the trench in front of Nespirah.
- Spineclaw can be found in Krassarang Wilds and the Timeless Isle. They appear in the Ancient, King and Scuttler variations.
- Spiny Rock Crabs are found in Dustwallow Marsh, at the northern coast of Theramore Isle.
- Spiny Siltshells are found in Gorgrond.
- Spiny Tidecrawlers are found in Tol Barad Peninsula.
- Surfrider Crabs are found on the shores of Tanaan Jungle.
- Surf Crawlers are found in Durotar. They also appear in the Pygmy, Mature and Encrusted variations. A corrupted variation was also present before the Cataclysm.
- Tide crawlers are found in Darkshore, appearing in the Corrupted, Encrusted and Hermit variations. Normal Tide Crawlers were also present before the Cataclysm.
- Viseclaws are found in Krasarang Wilds, appearing in the Colossal, Elder, Fisher, Fry, Scuttler, and Venerable variations. They also exists in polluted version for classic Viseclaw, Viseclaw Fry, and Viseclaw Scuttler.
As a critter
This section concerns content exclusive to Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos or its expansion The Frozen Throne.
Spider crab from Warcraft III.
Warcraft III featured several crabs
As a companion pet
Wild battle pets
The following crab pets can be captured in pet battles around the world:
As a hunter pet
- Popular in arenas because of [Pin], they are easy to feed and their low profile makes them ideal for using in groups.
- Damage had no bonus and now has +5% bonus.
Health had a 10% bonus and now has a +5% bonus.
- Gained a new ability, [Pin].
Armor had a +13% bonus and now has a +5% bonus.
Health had a -4% penalty and now has +10% bonus.
Damage had a -5% penalty and now has no penalty.