We are currently performing an upgrade to our software. This upgrade will bring MediaWiki from version 1.31 to 1.33. While the upgrade is being performed on your wiki it will be in read-only mode. For more information check here.
- For the battle that took place near the island in the Second War, see Battle of Crestfall.
Crestfall is an island situated near Kul Tiras. It once belonged to the Admiralty but has since been abandoned. Now this former battlefield is home to restless orc spirits, twilight dragons and pirates.
Originally a territory of Kul Tiras, Crestfall was taken over by the Horde and used as their main naval base during the Second War. When their assault in the northlands failed, the orcish armies in Lordaeron staged a massive retreat. Gnomish submarines discovered the base, and Admiral Proudmoore believed the orcs planned to soon launch the remainder of their armada and retreat to the mainland of Azeroth. Lord Lothar ordered the base at Crestfall to be destroyed before the fleet could escape.
When the Black Tooth Grin clan were sailing back from the Tomb of Sargeras they were also overtaken by Proudmoore's Alliance navy near the island. Though the Horde fleet was accompanied by dragons, the Alliance fleet was supported by Wildhammer gryphon riders, who had learned new tactics for dealing with the dragons during the war. Dal'rend and Maim's ship, and a few other vessels survived intact, but most of the Horde fleet was sunk by Daelin's superior forces, and the dragon riders scattered in all directions. Though Proudmoore succeeded in destroying the Horde's navy, his own ships were decimated by the dragons and many sailors died, including Daelin's own son Derek.
Battle for Azeroth
This section concerns content related to Battle for Azeroth.
Almost thirty years after the Second War the island was still deserted and littered with remains of the war. Ruined orcish bases could still be found throughout the isle while shipwrecks and other remains were scattered on the coast and nearby islets, such as a wrecked orcish oil rig and even the corpse of a giant turtle submarine.
During the Blood War, the Alliance and the Horde fought to control Crestfall as Azerite appeared on the shores. They also battled the restless orc spirits who have haunted Crestfall since the Second War, and pirates.
In the RPG
Crestfall is an island located off Kul Tiras' northeastern coast and it is part of the nation of the same name. After the Second War it was rebuilt, and many farmers, mercenaries, and boaters make their home here. These people do not like strangers — some visitors are nearly shot when approaching a town at night on this island. The riflemen are constantly on guard, for the naga have been plaguing them recently. Rumors abound that a large naga force, under a warlord called Zethresh, hides near Crestfall's west shore. Zethresh reputedly seeks to cleanse the ocean and her isles of human encroachment.
In Warcraft Adventures: Lord of the Clans
In the canceled Warcraft Adventures, Thrall encountered Alexstrasza in a place called "Alexstrasza's Cave" at Crestfall. She seemed to use it as her home and was situated on a rocky beach. Several shipwrecks were around, as well as a few scattered dragon scales and gold treasures.
Notes and trivia
- True to its lore, the in-game map interface has Crestfall under the Kul Tiras continent tab.
- Cyrus Crestfall, a Kul Tiran man who was once one of Daelin Proudmoore's most trusted knights, and Rylai Crestfall, a human mage who fought at Stormshield and on the Seething Shore, both share their last names with Crestfall. Any relationship they have with the island is unknown.
- Although Kul Tiras' position was retroactively changed in World of Warcraft: Chronicle Volume 3, Crestfall and Zul'dare weren't moved and remained on their spots, in or near Baradin Bay.
- Crestfall was seemingly going to be added in Battle for Azeroth as a subzone of Stormsong Valley but was later renamed "Storm's Watch" and eventually Stormwatch Peak. The Shrine of the Storm is approximately where it should be based on older maps. Crestfall was eventually announced at BlizzCon 2018 as an island expedition to be added in patch 8.2.
- Notably, banners seen on the island expedition are that of the Blackrock clan. Although rather than the banners used for Azeroth's version of the clan, they are the ones used by the alternate Mag'har.
- At BlizzCon 2018, Jeremy Feasel described Crestfall as "part of the Kul Tiran group of islands".
- The background music played on the island expedition is an adaptation of one of the human music tracks from Warcraft II.
Crestfall in Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness.
Crestfall in Warcraft II: The Dark Saga.
Alexstrasza's Cave at Crestfall in Warcraft Adventures.
Crestfall can be seen in an early World of Warcraft concept map.
On the World of Warcraft manual map.
- BlizzCon 2018
- Patch 8.2.0 (2019-06-25): Added.
- ^ File:Chronicle2 Eastern Kingdoms Before the First War.jpg
- ^ a b
- ^ The Battle at Crestfall (WC2 Human)
- ^ World of Warcraft: Chronicle Volume 2, pg. 172
- ^ Lands of Conflict, pg. 101
- ^ File:Chron3 map of EK in the Third War.jpg
- ^ MMO-Champion
- ^ MMO-Champion
- ^ MMO-Champion
- ^ File:Crestfall BlizzCon 2018 5.jpg
- ^ BlizzCon 2018: World of Warcraft: What's Next, 42min 30sec
- ^ Rise Azshara Music (39:53)