Crestfall is an island situated near and belonging to the kingdom of Kul Tiras. Near the end of the Second War, the Black Tooth Grin clan were sailing back from the Tomb of Sargeras when they were overtaken by Daelin Proudmoore's Alliance navy near Crestfall. Though the Horde fleet was accompanied by dragons, the Alliance fleet was supported by Wildhammer gryphon riders, who had learned new tactics for dealing with the dragons during the war. Dal'rend and Maim's ship and a few other vessels survived intact, but most of the Horde fleet was sunk by Proudmoore's superior forces, and the dragon riders scattered in all directions. Though Proudmoore had succeeded in destroying the Horde's navy, his own ships had been decimated by the dragons and many sailors had died, including Daelin's own son.
In Warcraft II
Crestfall was the Horde's main naval base. When Alterac was destroyed, the orcish armies in the north staged a massive retreat. Gnomish submarines discovered the base, and Admiral Proudmoore believed that the orcs planned to soon launch the remainder of their armada and retreat to the mainland of Azeroth. Lord Lothar ordered the base at Crestfall to be destroyed before the fleet could escape.
In the RPG
Crestfall has been rebuilt, and many farmers, mercenaries, and boaters make their home here. These people do not like strangers — some visitors are nearly shot when approaching a town at night on this island. The riflemen are constantly on guard, for the naga have been plaguing them recently. Rumors abound that a large naga force, under a warlord called Zethresh, hides near Crestfall's west shore. Zethresh reputedly seeks to cleanse the ocean and her isles of human encroachment. It is part of the nation of Kul Tiras.
In Warcraft Adventures: Lord of the Clans
In the canceled Warcraft Adventures, Thrall encountered Alexstrasza in a place called "Alexstrasza's Cave" at Crestfall. The cave was situated on a rocky beach. Several shipwrecks were around, as well as a few scattered dragon scales.
Notes and trivia
- have a chance to drop from Lady Vashj in Serpentshrine Cavern.
- Cyrus Crestfall, a Kul Tiran man who was once one of Daelin Proudmoore's most trusted knights, and Rylai Crestfall, a human mage who fought at Stormshield and on the Seething Shore, both share their last names with Crestfall. Any relationship they have with the island is unknown.
- Although Kul Tiras' position was retroactively changed in World of Warcraft: Chronicle Volume 3, Crestfall and Zul'dare weren't moved and remained on their spots.
- Crestfall was seemingly going to be added in Battle for Azeroth as a subzone of Stormsong Valley, but was later renamed "Storm's Watch" and eventually Stormwatch Peak. The Shrine of the Storm is approximately where it should be based on older maps.
- Notably, banners seen on the island expedition are that of the Blackrock clan. Although rather than the banners used for Azeroth's version of the clan, they are the ones used by the alternate Mag'har.
Crestfall in Warcraft II: The Dark Saga.
Crestfall can be seen in an early WoW map.
Crestfall on the World of Warcraft manual map.
- Patch 8.2.0 (TBA): Added.
- ^ File:Chronicle2 Eastern Kingdoms Before the First War.jpg
- ^ World of Warcraft: Chronicle Volume 2, pg. 172
- ^ The Battle at Crestfall (WC2 Human)
- ^ Lands of Conflict, pg. 101
- ^ File:Chron3 map of EK in the Third War.jpg
- ^ MMO-Champion
- ^ MMO-Champion
- ^ MMO-Champion
- ^ File:Crestfall BlizzCon 2018 5.jpg