Champion of the Light,|
Brotherhood of the Light,
|Affiliation(s)||Brotherhood of the Light, Argent Crusade|
|Former affiliation(s)||Argent Dawn|
Crusade Commander Korfax is a quest giver at Tyr's Hand in the contested territory of the Eastern Plaguelands. He was formerly known as Korfax, Champion of the Light located at Light's Hope Chapel. He still appears in the Scarlet Enclave under his old title.
World of Warcraft
Korfax was originally affiliated with the Brotherhood of the Light, and offered quests collecting , a short Naxxramas chain awarding a ring, and the warrior quests to receive Dreadnaught's Battlegear pieces.
In Wrath of the Lich King, Korfax fights alongside other defenders in the Battle for Light's Hope Chapel during the final quest of the Death Knight starting area, . He subsequently joins the Argent Crusade and takes the title "Crusade Commander". He appeared at The Argent Stand in the contested territory of Zul'Drak, where he is part of a scripted scene upon completion of , but offers no quests himself.
In Cataclysm, he was moved to Tyr's Hand, and directs the adventurers in retaking the former Scarlet Crusade enclave from the undead. He is also one of several quest givers inside the Stratholme Service Entrance dungeon.
|Location||Level range||Health range|
|Plaguelands: The Scarlet Enclave||??||614,160|
- At Tyr's Hand
- Inside the Stratholme Service Entrance
- "Watch your step, <race>. We of the Brotherhood of the Light are not as lenient as our brethren when it comes to meting justice to those that would do the world wrong. Woe unto those that would anger Korfax." - Commander Eligor Dawnbringer
- Tyr's Hand gossip
What is the Brotherhood of the Light? Well... We are all members of the Argent Crusade at the core - members of the Argent Crusade that aren't held in check by morals, guilt and useless human emotion.
- Alonsus Chapel, Stratholme
There are no emotions. There are no morals. There are no zealots.
There is only the Brotherhood.
Here, in the very chapel where Uther the Lightbringer joined the Order of the Silver Hand, I, Korfax, Champion of the Light, will inspire fear into the fearless.
Nothing will curb my fury - not the Scarlet Crusade, not the Argent Dawn, not my brothers, not even you.
This is a fine mess we've gotten ourselves into. We're overdue to join up with our forces in Icecrown and now we're entangled in this debacle, stuck between the Scourge and the Drakkari.
I told the highlord it was a mistake to come here.
See what you can do to help out there.
Korfax is part of a scene wherein various NPCs unsuccessfully attempt to damage a chunk of saronite:
- Eitrigg says: Korfax, what can you tell from this saronite?
- Crusade Commander Korfax says: Saronite you say?
- Korfax walks over.
- Crusade Commander Korfax says: Never heard of it. Looks like pure evil.
- Crusade Commander Korfax says: Let's see how it holds up to the might of my axe!
- Korfax takes a few swings, but his reaper bounces right off.
- Crusade Commander Korfax says: What the? My reaper didn't even scratch it! That's the toughest ore I've ever seen!
What is the Brotherhood of the Light? Well... We are all members of the Argent Dawn at the core - members of the Argent Dawn that aren't held in check by morals, guild and useless human emotions. Consider us Scarlet Crusade minus the stupidity, lack of leadership, and blind zealotry.
Don't let the Scarlet Commander tell you otherwise.
And don't let Tyrosus know that I said that... it would be a terrible shame if I had to brutally maim him should a brawl break out.
Korfax, where can I find Dark Iron scraps?
Is this a serious question? You really don't know?
If you are the cowardly sort, afraid to get their hands too dirty, you will find Dark Iron scraps on the creatures in the Burning Steppes and Searing Gorge.
If you're the bloodthirsty adventuring type, the dungeons of Blackrock Spire and Blackrock Depths hold quite a large supply of the scraps.
- Attacking Korfax was not advisable for level 60 players - he could crit over 12,000 with a normal attack.
- In , it appears that no matter the number of Scourge forces or Death knight players coordinating attacks on Korfax, he is far too powerful to be taken down.
- Korfax wields an .
- Crusade Commander Korfax is listed as part of the Argent Crusade faction in Zul'Drak and Stratholme, but a member of the Argent Dawn in Tyr's Hand. Despite this, his Tyr's Hand quests award Argent Crusade reputation.
- Korfax holds the Brotherhood of the Light "title" (appearing in angle brackets in-game) in Tyr's Hand and Stratholme, but has no title in Zul'Drak.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Light's Hope Chapel version moved to Stratholme and Tyr's Hand, name-changed to Crusade Commander Korfax, and given different quests.
- Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): Gossip text updated to be different from his Light's Hope Chapel dialogue.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): New appearances, quests partially removed with relocation of Naxxramas.
- Patch 1.11.0 (2006-06-19): Added.