5 - 25
The Crusaders' Coliseum is an arena complex located in the center of the Argent Tournament Grounds, in northeastern Icecrown. It was added with the opening of the Argent Tournament in patch 3.1. With the release of patch 3.2, the Crusaders' Coliseum was completed. It holds new challenges in the form of boss encounters for players, and it contributes to the next tier of gear in the game, tier 9.
The Crusaders' Coliseum includes
- Trial of the Crusader, a new epic 10- and 25-player raid dungeon with five encounters, with each encounter being unlocked one week at a time
- A more intuitive structure for harder encounters. This raid dungeon has four different versions: 10-player, 25-player, 10-player Heroic, and 25-player Heroic, with each one using a separate lockout. The normal fights are found in the Trial of the Crusader while the heroic mode fights are inside the Trial of the Grand Crusader.
- Crusaders' Tribute! Each of the Heroic mode instances has a new tribute system that will limit players on the number of attempts they get in the Coliseum each week to present a greater challenge for the most battle-hardened heroes. Additional rewards can be earned depending on the number of attempts left in the tribute run each week when the final boss is defeated.
- Trial of the Champion, a new 5-player dungeon with three encounters that include Champion's Seals as each one is defeated.
- New tier of armor and weapons that are modeled with Alliance- or Horde-specific themes.
A variety of bosses are featured in the Coliseum
- Beasts: Your first challenge will pit you against a group of terrifying beasts the Argent Crusade captured in Northrend, including (but not limited to) a magnataur and not one, but two jormungar wyrms.
- Scourge: Some call the lieutenants of the Lich King fearsome creatures made of pure nightmare, which is doubtlessly a fitting description. How the Argent Crusade managed to capture these fiends remains a mystery; what's less mystifying is your fate should you fail to overcome this challenge, it is know however that the Twin Valkyr got captured after being chained down by a couple of priests and being kept down in one spot.
Argent Crusade side of the Crusaders' Coliseum, where Highlord Fordring oversees the combat.
Instance map of the Icy Depths of Azjol-Nerub under the Coliseum.
Argent Tournament Timing? | 2009-02-25 21:02 | Zarhym
- Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04): Construction on the Coliseum is completed.
- Patch 3.1.0 (2009-04-14): Construction begins.