Crushidge is a tribe of ogres currently residing in the Ruins of Alterac.
World of Warcraft
This section concerns content exclusive to World of Warcraft.
Crushridge ogres are likely from the Stonemaul clan who has at some point split as one group traveled to Kalimdor and now live in the Dustwallow Marsh. Their leader, Mug'thol, was enslaved by the Banshee Queen. He was later able to free himself of Sylvanas Windrunner's control by using the . Now free from the Forsaken, he (apparently) renamed his clan the Crushridge and established a new home in Crushridge Hold.
The Crushridge ogres currently control the fallen human nation of Alterac. The Syndicate, being the remnants of Alterac's inhabitants, are in a constant battle with the Crushridge ogres for supremacy of the region.
This section concerns content exclusive to Legion.
- See also: The Crown of Will quest chain,
- Crushridge Brute
- Crushridge Enforcer
- Crushridge Mage
- Crushridge Mauler
- Crushridge Ogre
- Crushridge Plunderer
- Crushridge Warmonger
In the RPG
The Crushridge tribe is referred to as both a tribe and a clan of ogres that have taken up residence in the Ruins of Alterac. The Crushridge ogres are cunning, massive and strong. Leftovers from the Second War, these ogres have thrown off orc rule for their own primitive ways. They live in Alterac City and kill whatever they can. They are cagey and surprisingly shrewd. Under Mug’Thol’s guidance, the Crushridge tribe has become a brutal and feared force in the Alterac Mountains. The tribe’s combined might is formidable, and it relies on brute strength to attain its goals. The warriors of the tribe simply trample their enemies under a massive, raging charge. The tribe is easily roused to full battle. Keeping the tribal stronghold, protecting territory and finding food are the tribe’s main concerns.
Crushridge ogre "Marching Song"
- "Who kills every kid and man?
- Crushridge Clan!
- Who burns just because they can?
- Crushridge Clan!
- Rip 'em up, slice 'em up, beat 'em to a pulp:
- Will they live? Will they win? We say nope!
- Kick 'em, hit 'em, listen to their moans,
- Spill their blood and crack their bones!
- Who just charges in without a plan?
- The ogres of Crushridge Claaaaaan!"
- One of the realms in World of Warcraft is named after the Crushridge ogres.
- See: Realm names and their place in Warcraft lore and Crushridge (Realm)
It is unclear whether the Crushridge ogres were previously from Mug'thol's Stonemaul clan or a clan that Mug'thol took over.