- "Curse of Doom" redirects here. For the Pet Battle ability, see .
- For the TCG character, see Doom (Icecrown).
This ability was used by the Pit Lord unit in Warcraft III. It marks a target unit for the manifestation of a Demon. The afflicted unit will take damage per second until it dies. Upon its death, a great Demon will spawn from its corpse.
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 8.0.1 (2018-07-17): No longer baseline. Now a level 30 talent. Damage is dealt after 30 seconds, up from 20. Now has a chance to summon a Doomguard.
- Hotfix (2016-09-23): "Doom damage increased by 10%."
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Redesigned. Now deals damage after 20 seconds, generating a Soul Shard.
- Patch 6.2.0 (2015-06-23): Now deals 25% less damage.
- Hotfix (2014-10-17): "Doom's damage has been reduced by 20%."
- Hotfix (2013-03-12): "Doom now deals 25% less damage."
- Patch 5.1.0 (2012-11-27): Damage increased by 25%.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Renamed from Bane of Doom. Redesigned.
- Patch 4.1.0 (2011-04-26): Imps summoned by Bane of Doom now benefit from the warlock's stats.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Damage has been reduced by approximately 12%.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Renamed from Curse of Doom. Redesigned. Now deals damage every 15 seconds for one minute, and has a 20% chance of summoning an Ebon Imp per tick. Cooldown removed. No longer summons a Doomguard. Can now be cast on players.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Curse of Doom will only summon a Doomguard if the target yields experience or honor.
- Patch 2.0.3 (2007-01-09): Spell power benefit reduced to 200%.
- Patch 2.0.1 (2006-12-05): Spell power benefit increased to 400%, up from 100%.
- Patch 1.10.0 (2006-03-28): Can no longer be cast on players under control of a creature.
- Patch 1.1.0 (2004-11-07): Added.