Curse of Tongues
|Curse of Tongues|
- Sister Clara gasped as she tried to speak and nothing but demonic utterances issued forth.
Curse of Tongues is a warlock honor talent, available at rank 4.
As a curse, this can be removed by mages, druids and shamans.
Actually causes the target to speak Demonic in emotes and chat. This affects players and some NPCs, including elites such as Drek'Thar and Vanndar Stormpike in Alterac Valley. A CM on Blizzard's official forums joked on how coders spent time coding this curse to do just that.
Tips and tactics
This curse only affects casting speed, and will have no effect on non-casting targets.
As a form of negative haste, this curse also reduces the tick rate of any damage over time or heal over time effects cast by the target while afflicted. This can be useful for reducing the damage output of Affliction warlocks and Shadow priests who rely on DoTs for much of their damage.
In the RPG
Curse of tongues allows the caster to steal the target's voice with a curse, replacing it with the voice of a terrible demon. The subject's new voice only speaks in the Eredar tongue, regardless of any other spells or effects on the target. This spell prevents the target from using any spell with verbal components.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Re-added as an honor talent. Now lasts for 10 seconds, down from 12 seconds.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Removed.
- Patch 3.0.9 (2009-02-10): Now increases the casting time of all spells by 25% (Rank 1) and 30% (Rank 2), down from 50% and 60%.
- Patch 2.1.0 (2007-05-22): Now has a 12 second duration when used on PvP targets.
- Patch 1.12.0 (2006-08-22): This spell will no longer debuff the target if they are immune to the spellcast slowing effect.
- Patch 0.10 (2004-09-18): Duration has been increased.
- Patch 0.7 (2004-06-15): Moved to level 26. Mana cost increased.