Bane of Doom
|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 5.0.4.|
|Bane of Doom|
- Only one Bane per warlock can be active on any one target. As a Bane, it can be cast alongside Curses, such as .
- Your Bane of Doom can only be active on one target at a time, so it is important to choose the right target to bane.
- The Demon Guardian summoned is an Ebon Imp.
- The Demon Guardian has a duration of 15 seconds. Each successful proc of Bane of Doom will summon a fresh Demon.
- Unlike most DoTs, Bane of Doom is not affected by haste.
- (Affliction, Tier 1): Increases the critical strike chance of your Bane of Agony and Bane of Doom by 4/8%.
- (Affliction, Tier 6): Reduces the global cooldown of your Bane and Curse spells by .25/.5 sec.
- (Demonology, Tier 3): Increases the chance for your Bane of Doom to summon a demon by 10/20/30% when it deals damage.
Prior to Patch 4.0.1, Bane of Doom was known as Curse of Doom. Once cast, it marked a target with a 60 second debuff. It damaged at the end of its count down, and had a small chance of summoning a Doomguard, which would need to be Enslaved. The spell could not be cast on players, was unable to crit, and had a 60 second cooldown.
- Bane of Doom is an epic Warlock spell in Hearthstone. The flavor text reads: "My advice to you is to avoid Doom, if possible."
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Renamed to . Redesigned.
- Now exclusive to the Demonology specialization
- Can only be cast within .
- Target limit removed.
- Summons a upon critical strike.
- Now benefits from Spell Haste.
- Patch 4.1.0 (2011-04-26): Imps summoned by Bane of Doom now benefit from the warlock's stats.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Damage has been reduced by approximately 12%.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Renamed from Curse of Doom. Redesigned. Now deals damage every 15 seconds for one minute, and has a 20% chance of summoning an Ebon Imp per tick. Cooldown removed. No longer summons a Doomguard.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Curse of Doom will only summon a Doomguard if the target yields experience or honor.
- Patch 1.10.0 (2006-03-28): Can no longer be cast on players under control of a creature.