|This article is an NPC stub. You can help expand it by editing it.
|Affiliation(s)||Proudmoore Admiralty, House Proudmoore, Kul Tiras|
|Former occupation(s)||Knight, Member of Daelin's guard|
|Location||Tradewinds Market, Boralus|
|Relative(s)||Taelia (ward, protégée, squire)|
Sir Cyrus Crestfall is a human located at Tradewinds Market in Boralus. He is the Harbormaster of Boralus, but used to be one of Daelin Proudmoore's most trusted knights. He is also the guardian of House Proudmoore's ward, Taelia, a job given to him by Daelin himself.
During a battle in the Second War an orcish juggernaught struck the transport ship that Cyrus and a friend of his were on, wounding his friend from splinters flying across the deck. It was serious enough that he could have been sent home, but not wishing to leave the war before it was over, Cyrus's friend patched himself up and told the healers he was fine. Days later he died painfully in his bunk from infection; only then did he ask for help, but he was far too gone for any healer to save him.
During the Third War, a young girl named Taelia was sent to Kul Tiras by her father, Bolvar Fordragon. Cyrus was hand-picked by Daelin to raise her and forced him to take a desk job. It was the only reason he wasn't at Theramore with Daelin during the Invasion of Durotar. Though he did as ordered, at the time Cyrus was hurt by this, believing that Daelin didn't have faith in him to have him as part of the guard. Over the years, however, he came to realize it was exactly the opposite - Daelin wanted Taelia to grow up strong of arm and noble of heart - and had faith that Sir Crestfall could make that happen.
Years later, after Daelin's death at Theramore and after Kul Tiras left the Alliance, an Alliance emissary was arrested when they arrived in Kul Tiras with Jaina Proudmoore. Cyrus hired Flynn Fairwind to intentionally get arrested so he could break the emissary out of Tol Dagor. When Genn Greymane and the 7th Legion arrived in Boralus shortly after, they were confronted by the harbor guards on order of Priscilla Ashvane. However Cyrus reminded the guards that they served Kul Tiras and the Proudmoores, not House Ashvane, and that they answered to him. He gave Greymane his office to use as a war room, fearing that, like his friend in the Second War, Katherine Proudmoore's advisers have kept her blind to the infections that have spread through the kingdom that he loves.
- Allied race
- Main article: The Old Knight#Notes
- Main article: Sanctum of the Sages (quest)#Notes
- Main article: Tiragarde Sound (quest)#Notes
- Main article: The Smoking Gun#Notes
- Main article: The Ashvane Trading Company#Notes
- Main article: The Missing Fleet#Notes
- I have fewer days ahead now than behind.
- I'll not spend them watching Kul Tiras fall apart.
- When Daelin asked me to leave his guard and raise this child of the Eastern Kingdoms, I struggled to understand why.
- Why thrust this burden on me? Why deny me the honor of fighting by his side? I thought maybe I had done something to lose his faith.
- Over the years, I have come to realize that the opposite was true. He wanted Taelia to grow up strong of arm and noble of heart - and had faith that I could make that happen.
- Well met!
- Something to report?
- These old bones still ache for battle.
- What do you need?
- News from the front?
- I've seen enough war for the both of us.
- Sound off!
- Back in my day, we knew what a conversation was over.
- What do you want? A war story?
- You know what we call cadets like you back in the Second War: barnacles, cause your clump to my backside!
- Fair winds and following seas.
- Remain vigilant.
- Never let them see you sweat.
- For Kul Tiras!
- For the Lord Admiral!
- Honor guide you.
Notes and trivia
- Cyrus shares his last name with Crestfall, an island northeast of Kul Tiras. Any relationship he has with the island is unknown.
- Cyrus is voiced by veteran musician Bob Joles.
- He may be related to Rylai Crestfall.
- Patch 8.0.1 (2018-07-17): Added.