The Dalaran Arena is an arena located in the Underbelly of Dalaran in Northrend. An un-instanced version of the arena can be seen beneath the Circle of Wills, but it cannot be accessed by normal means.
Players start in pipes at the side of the central area. A little while after the match starts, water shoots both teams out as to prevent camping. The arena floor is formed as a square with a raised central area in the middle, opening possibilities for tactics including the use of Demonic Circle and knockback spells.
On the edges of the raised area, there are stairs leading up to it and crates that represent huts, which will offer persistent line of sight blocks. In the middle of the map there is a pipe coming down from the ceiling, from which water will randomly flow down, blocking line of sight.
- Use the crates to interrupt spellcasting. Beware of though.
- If you are a caster against melee players, forcing or knocking the melee player down to the low ground and staying on the high ground yourself, gives you a great advantage. Spells that can be used to accomplish this includes, but are not limited to , , , and .
- You should be cautious if you have a healer on your team, as the waterfall that falls in the center of the room can break line of sight. You should approach each other immediately. Failing to do so can cause one of you to die really fast.
- As long as there is no mage, if you are a healer, you can kite around the boxes much like the pillars in Nagrand Arena.
- In the un-instanced version, NPCs will periodically appear and act out a brief 2v2 or 3v3 match. Each team has four potential members: the Gold Mage, Gold Priest, Gold Shaman, and Gold Warrior; and the Green Mage, Green Paladin, Green Priest, and Green Warrior.
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 5.3.0 (2013-05-21): Masons of Dalaran have been hard at work installing steps in the two remaining corners of the arena.
- Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04):
- The entire Arena has increased in size by 25%.
- Mounts can now be used in this Arena.
- The position and collision of the crates on the central platform has been modified.
- Hotfix (2009-03-06): "We fixed the exploit that allowed warlocks to use Demonic Circle in the starting pipe and then teleport back to it after the match began."
- Hotfix (2009-03-02): "We have modified the waterspout effect in the Dalaran Sewers Arena to give players more warning before the water column is fully activated. This should give you a chance to get out of the way or at least let you cancel a cast since you will now know that the water is coming soon. The effect starts up about 5 seconds before the waterspout is fully active. We have a new zone wide sound attached to the effect now also."
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Added.