|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 6.0.2.
- and Dark Apotheosis share a cooldown, making it impossible to switch between them quickly.
- is not usable, but is, the same goes for (usable) and (not usable).
- becomes , also is active and is usable.
- and become new spells, and Sleep.
- is similar to , but it has 3 charges and a much shorter range.
- Sleep puts the target to sleep.
This is a spell given to demonology warlocks who choose the . As one of their main glyphs, it allows a warlock to indefinitely stay in a demon form and use most of the said abilities, including unlike its more DPS-wise brother. works in this form, the main purpose of this form is mainly for off-tanking in case the tank is killed and the creature is on its last legs but you need a tank. It gives you black and purple demon wings like those in Metamorphosis and once reaches a certain point it sprouts purple horns as well. Warlocks are incredibly well armored and a warlock using this can pick up the slack left by a dead tank. A skilled warlock who focuses their gear on this ability can tank normal dungeons and, to a limited extent, heroic dungeons as well, however due to the lack of a crit reduction ability, they are not viable for raids.
This does not increase your DPS so it is useless to use it unless you're off-tanking or leveling by yourself against a powerful creature. This also increases the threat of your abilities so if you use it in an instance it'll pull aggro from the tank, which might warrant a kick from the group. However, it is useful in the fact you don't constantly have to cycle between Metamorphosis and your mortal form when you use it takes the fury but you're technically already in a demon form so this makes you just fly forward without going into
In PvP this is likely very viable with the amount of defense it offers overall, and the utility of the abilities within. Demon leaping past your enemy on a hill, or using Sleep on another player to stun them for 8 seconds while you attack the other player. As well as the damage ward and AoE power it offers, it will bring use to warlocks in arenas and such.
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Removed.
- Hotfix (2012-10-16): "When Dark Apotheosis is active, using Demonic Slash will no longer sometimes incorrectly trigger the Shoot ability."
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Added.