Gamepedia was upgraded to MediaWiki version 1.31 on Wednesday November 14th. To learn more about the upgrade and its effects click here.
The only known mention of the Dark Below in official Warcraft canon sources is in the title of the boss Ozumat <Fiend of the Dark Below>.
In the RPG
On August 13th, 2013, a trademark filing was found for "The Dark Below," and on August 14th the trademark was also filed in Europe. However, it was later determined to likely be a fake. At BlizzCon 2013 it was confirmed that the trademark was never registered by Blizzard Entertainment. The Dark Below expansion was announced to be the first expansion for the first-person shooter game with some MMO elements called Destiny, developed by Bungie and published by Activision Blizzard. This title will not be a World of Warcraft expansion.
Erudax's title "The Duke of Below" may also be a reference to this.
- ^ Manual of Monsters, pg. 191
- ^ Blizzard Trademarks "The Dark Below" - WoW or D3 Expansion?. MMO-Champion (2013-08-13). Retrieved on 2013-08-15.
- ^ Blizzard Trademarks "The Dark Below" in Europe. MMO-Champion.
- ^ Blizzard Trademarks "Corgis Unleashed" (Okay, not really). MMO-Champion (2013-08-14). Retrieved on 2013-08-15.
- ^ chaud 2014-07-08. Blasted Lands Quests and Orgrimmar Changes, Blue Posts, Connected Realms, Dark Below. MMO-Champion. Retrieved on 2014-10-16.