Dark Edge of Insanity
- Dark Edge of Insanity
- Item Level
- Binds when picked up
- Speed 3.60
- 28 – 58 Damage
- (11.9 damage per second)
- +17 Strength
- +10 Agility
- +13 Stamina
- Chance on hit: Disorients the target, causing it to wander aimlessly for up to 3 sec. (Requires level 60 or below)
- Durability 120 / 120
- Requires Level 60
- Sell Price: 10 29
Dark Edge of Insanity is a two-handed axe that had the highest melee DPS in the game at the time of its release. It was surpassed in DPS only by and the until The Burning Crusade expansion. The eye embedded within the axe blinks periodically, and will sometimes even rotate within its "socket".
As of Patch 7.3.0, this weapon now has dynamic primary stats. If your class benefits from strength, then that is the bonus received while agility is greyed out and not applied to the character; the opposite is true if your class benefits instead from agility.
The axe looks similar to Soul Edge from Soul Calibur series.
- Patch 8.0.1 (2018-07-17): Item level squished.
- Patch 7.3.0 (2017-08-29): Now has dynamic primary stats.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Stat squish.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Stats updated.
- Patch 1.9.0 (2006-01-03): Added.