Dark Iron Dwarves (quest)
120 (Requires 120)
The time has come tae let King Anduin know that my people stand with him.
And so ends the tale of how the Dark Iron dwarves joined the Alliance.
Those who we once believed to be enemies of the Alliance are now close allies. Their mastery over the earth continues to help the Alliance.
There's an important lesson here, <name>. Even amongst our fiercest enemies are those who may one day become allies.
This quest is obtained on the heels of , inside the quest-specific instance of Blackrock Depths. On turning in that quest and accepting this one, take the mole machine near the Black Anvil back to the Stormwind Embassy.
Congratulations! You have now unlocked playable Dark Iron dwarves.
- Quest turn in: Anduin Wrynn
By securing the Dark Iron clan's commitment to the Alliance, you have brought renewed strength to our cause.
Queen-Regent Thaurissan and I are in your debt, <name>.
- Anduin Wrynn says: Queen-Regent Thaurissan. I am most pleased to see you again.
- Moira Thaurissan says: Same to ye, King Wrynn.
- Anduin Wrynn says: Your position on the Council of Three Hammers has helped maintain order and stability in Ironforge.
- Anduin Wrynn says: And though the Dark Iron clan is known for its... independent spirit, no one can question your people's determination and loyalty.
- Moira Thaurissan says: Aye.
- Anduin Wrynn says: Yet we have never officially asked your clan to stand with us in the Alliance... an oversight I hope you will forgive, and allow me to rectify.
- Moira Thaurissan says: Eh, just a formality, King! No harm done.
- Moira Thaurissan says: The Dark Iron accept your invitation. For the Alliance!
- Anduin Wrynn says: For the Alliance!