||The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 8.2.0.
- This includes items and quests that can no longer be obtained or are now deprecated.
- The in-game information in this article is kept purely for historical purposes.
The subject of this article or section is part of Brewfest, a seasonal event that lasts two weeks. Once the event has run its course, this will no longer be available until next year, but there are no guarantees.
The Dark Iron Herald was an NPC related to the Brewfest holiday. Every 30 minutes at the main Brewfest grounds just outside of Ironforge and Orgrimmar, Dark Iron Guzzlers attacked the festival. This individual announced the battle and the result. He was never visible to players.
- Attack begins
- No one expects the Dark Iron dwarves!
- It's not a party without some crashers!
- Dark Iron Song
- Dark Iron Herald says: Oh, we're from Blackrock Mountain,
- We've come ta drink yer brew!
- Dark Iron dwarves, they do not lie,
- And so yeh know it's true!
- Dark Iron Herald says: Yeh will not try our bitter,
- Yeh will not serve our ale!
- But have Brewfest without our lot?
- Just try it, and ye'll fail!
- Dark Iron Herald says: So lift a mug to Coren,
- And Hurley Blackbreath too!
- This drink is weak, without much kick,
- But oi! At least it's brew!
- Dark Iron Herald says: We'll drink yer stout and lager,
- Drain all the pints and kegs!
- We'll drink and brawl and brawl and drink,
- 'til we can't feel our legs!
- Dark Iron Herald says: And when the brew's all missin'
- Ta Shadowforge we'll hop,
- A bitter toast ta Ragnaros...
- ... but bring him not a drop!
- Dark Irons win
- Dark Iron Herald yells: We did it boys! Now back to the Grim Guzzler and we'll drink to the <#> that were injuredl[sic]!
- Alliance wins
- Dark Iron Herald yells: RETREAT!! We've already lost <#> and we can't afford to lose any more!!
- Horde wins
- Dark Iron Herald yells: RETREAT!! We've taken a beating and had <#> casualties!
- Dark Iron Herald yells: We can't keep taking these losses! FALL BACK!!