Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
- The main story takes place just before the first demon invasions of Azeroth, yet the Legion's presence is already known as stated by Sylvanas. As such, the story takes place at any point after the events of The Tomb of Sargeras audio-series but before the time when she flew to the Broken Shore with King Varian.
- The first flashback takes place during the Second War, right before the Old Horde's attack on Quel'Thalas.
- The second flashback happens either before or after the liberation of the Ruins of Lordaeron (considering she says that she is already building a new kingdom and mentions the term Forsaken, it may be after the battle).
- The events of Edge of Night are referenced.
- While Tales of the Hunt states that Sylvanas became ranger-general following Lireesa Windrunner's death in the Second War, Dark Mirror clearly shows that Sylvanas was already an established ranger-general before the Old Horde had reached Quel'Thalas in the war.
- It could be speculated that Lireesa was actually killed during the interim between the First War and Second War.