Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
|Location||Darkmoon Island Cave, Darkmoon Island|
It originally dropped one per raid. After Warlords of Draenor was released however, due to too many loot ninja raid leaders, combined with the Rabbit's long spawn timer during a limited event, the loot rule was changed to personal loot only. If a player cannot loot the corpse, then that person did not have the pet drop for them.
- Warlords of Draenor
- 43,331,200 HP
- 84,061 - 126,092 Damage
- 1,938 Armor
- Mists of Pandaria
- 174,454,800 HP
- 140,341 - 209,596 Damage
- 24,840 Armor
- Vicious Streak — It's a mile wide. Instant. Aura gained on entering combat. Visual effect only.
- HUGE, SHARP TEETH! — Leap to target's neck and chew through it. Instant. Deals 25% of total health damage every 1 sec. Also reduces healing taken by 100% for the duration.
The Darkmoon Rabbit is a graveyard zerg boss encounter, rarely found in the Darkmoon Island Cave on the southeastern tip of Darkmoon Island. Upon attacking the beast, it will attempt to melee whoever has the most threat, and thus can be tanked while not casting it's special move. Periodically, it will cast HUGE, SHARP TEETH!, and jump on a random player's neck and deal 25% of the target's health as damage every second. The targeted player will run around in fear, and the effect also reduces incoming healing by 100%. However, absorption shields (like ) will help mitigate the damage. Targeted players will frequently die, but very well geared players may survive.
If killed, players will spawn in the tent with the Injured Carnies, and should quickly run southeast back to the beach. It is important to stack on the beach or in the cave near where the rabbit was first engaged, as the rabbit will reset or evade if taken anywhere other than the cave or the beach. If feared, it is important to attempt to remain near the stack. Killing the rabbit takes time, but as long as the rabbit stays near the cave it should die without problem.
Due to the appearance of the Darkmoon Rabbit and the nature of the boss fight, it is a reference to the Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog in Monty Python and the Holy Grail. The achievement title references the moment after the group charges en masse to kill the Killer Rabbit, only to lose two more knights and retreating. After ascertaining their losses to be a total of three knights, King Arthur declares, "Well, we'd better not risk another frontal assault; that rabbit's dynamite!"
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Model updated.
- Hotfix (2014-11-03): Reduced the levels of Moonfang, Moonfang Packmate, Moonfang Dreadhowl, Moonfang Snarler, and Darkmoon Rabbit back to pre-Warlords expansion levels. The creatures needs to respawn for the changes to take effect.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Raised to level 103.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Added.