Daughters of the Moon (WC3 NightElf)
|Previous: Enemies at the Gate|
|Next: The Awakening of Stormrage|
|Daughters of the Moon|
|Campaign: Eternity's End|
|Place: Foothills of Mount Hyjal|
|Outcome: Sentinels victory
|Commanders and leaders|
|Casualties and losses|
|template | talk | edit|
Three hours later, somewhere in the foothills of Mount Hyjal...
For three hours Tyrande Whisperwind and her two remaining night elf archers were chased by the undead and the demons. Finally they ran into a dead end and were cornered. Archimonde and Tichondrius then revealed themselves to Tyrande's horror and disbelief. Archimonde gloated that the Legion had returned to consume this world, and that this time the Night Elves would not stop them. His Doomguards then killed Tyrande's archers, but just as they closed in on the Priestess herself, she used her powers to meld with the shadows. A furious Archimonde killed one of the Doomguards and ordered the others to find and kill Tyrande.
The Doomguards dispersed unaware that Tyrande was standing exactly where she was before. When the demons were gone, Tyrande set out to cross the river and warn the rest of the Sentinels. Getting out of the immediate area was not an easy task as the Doomguards still patrolled the area.
She found out that the Doomguards were corrupting the forests by order of Archimonde. While evading the Doomguards, Tyrande recovered a few magical items - including a Druid Pouch and a pair of Slippers of Agility. She also freed an imprisoned furbolg which distracted the nearby Doomguards long enough for Tyrande to slip by (the furbolg was not so lucky). She finally crossed a bridge to relative safety, where she found a group of night elf archers waiting for her.
Tyrande and her small group ran into a fight between human footmen and ghouls. Tyrande observed that the humans were also enemies of the undead, however, she refused the idea of allying with them. The night elves hid from the battle until most of the humans and undead were slain. They then finished off the survivors. Tyrande also salvaged a magical Ring of Superiority from the humans' camp.
Tyrande and her troops then stumbled upon another battle - this one between the undead and the orcs. Tyrande stole a Mantle of Intelligence from the distracted orcs and then led her sisters to a nearby Waygate.
The Waygate transported the night elves to a small lake, where they met a group of huntresses. The huntresses warned Tyrande that the Doomguards nearby were using shades which could see through the night elves' shadowmeld powers. Fortunately, the huntresses had placed owl sentinels on the trees which could detect the shades. Furthermore, Tyrande had enough troops with her now that they could take down lone Doomguards. The night elves carefully picked off the shades and Doomguards one at a time. Tyrande retrieved a Ring of Protection and a pair of Gloves of Haste from the demons' possession. She also ran into a fight between some footmen and a single Doomguard. The Doomguard slew all the humans, but suffered damage during the fight. Tyrande and her troops easily finished off the Doomguard which dropped a magical Tome of Strength.
Tyrande encountered more night elves by a Fountain of Health. She also found some abandoned ballistae. Her forces killed a couple more Doomguards which were guarding another magical Tome and a Mana Stone. Tyrande found yet more night elves and ballistae at the edge of an undead base.
By this time, the sun had risen, and now the night elves were no longer able to meld with the shadows. They would have to fight their way past the undead now. Tyrande used the ballistae to level the Spirit Towers and then led her troops against the undead. The night elves destroyed the undead base and Tyrande finally arrived at the night elf outpost where Shandris Feathermoon was waiting for her. Tyrande informed Shandris that the Burning Legion had returned and that the Druids must be awoken.
- Bring Tyrande to the Night Elf town
- Hide from the patrolling Doom Guards
- Tyrande must survive
The Burning Legion has invaded Ashenvale and placed the land under a terrible pall. You must make your way, undetected, through the Demon patrols and reach the distant Night Elf village where Shandris and the rest of the Sentinels await you.
- A party of ghouls and doom guards commanded by Tichondrius and Archimonde pursue Tyrande and two of her archers through the woods while infernal meteors rain down around them.
- Archer: The undead are tireless. There's no way to outrun them!
- The elves find themselves cornered by the doom guards, and Archimonde strides up toward Tyrande.
- Tichondrius: You see, Lord Archimonde? We need not fear the night elves. The Scourge can--
- Tyrande Whisperwind: Archimonde... After ten thousand years, how is it possible?
- Archimonde chuckles.
- Archimonde: The Legion has returned to consume this world, woman. And this time, your troublesome race will not stop us.
- The doom guards kill the archers and begin to move toward Tyrande, but the priestess suddenly turns invisible, seemingly disappearing.
- Archimonde: Fools! You let her slip away!
- Archimonde instantly kills one of the doom guards.
- Archimonde: Find her, damn you! Find her and kill her!
- After the demons and undead take their leave, Tyrande turns visible again.
- Tyrande Whisperwind: The day we have long feared has finally come. The Burning Legion has returned! I must cross the river and warn the rest of my sisters before all is lost!
During the Mission
- Doom Guard: These damned night elves cannot escape us! Lord Archimonde wants them found!
- Tyrande Whisperwind: I must avoid being seen.
- Doom Guard: Lord Archimonde wishes us to corrupt this forest, and we shall!
- Archer: Elune-adore, Priestess. We are yours to command.
- Tyrande Whisperwind: Foul humans! You cannot evade the goddess’ wrath!
- Tyrande Whisperwind: Clearly the humans have no love for the undead. But I dare not trust them.
- Tyrande Whisperwind: Those orcs appear to be guarding some magical treasure. Hmm...it might prove useful to me.
- Huntress: Elune-adore, Priestess. Be wary. The doom guards command shades that can see us, even when meld with the shadows. We'd best stay away from them.
- Doom Guard: The trees must be burned and cursed! Only then will the night elves will be weakened!
- Doom Guard: Silly night elf, you cannot hide from us!
- Doom Guard: Your shadow powers will not hide you from our sight.
- Doom Guard: I see you, little one! You should have fled with your sisters!
- Footman: Ambush! Run for your lives! We'll regroup in the clearing ahead!
- Archer: Fandu-dath-belore?
- Tyrande Whisperwind: Ishnu-alah, sisters! It is I, Tyrande.
- ballistas[sic] will help me break through the undead fortifications. Tyrande Whisperwind: Ah, these abandoned
- Tyrande Whisperwind: I must reach the river before dawn breaks. I cannot remain hidden during the day.
- Tyrande Whisperwind: The dawn has come. I can no longer rely upon Elune's power to keep me hidden.
- Shandris Feathermoon: Tyrande! Praise Elune, you've made it! The undead appeared out of nowhere and attacked our village without warning!
- Tyrande Whisperwind: Ishnu-dal-dieb, Shandris. We have a greater problem. The undead were sent here by the Burning Legion, our ancient enemies of old. Against such might we have only one option. We must awaken the druids.
- Tyrande, Shandris, and some archers head south across a nearby ford and into the forest.
- There is a rescuable Hydralisk (from Starcraft) hidden behind a group of trees in the upper right corner of this level. It can be accessed by using the ballistae to knock down the trees, and serves as a potent warrior for the rest of the level.
- The trigger for the hydralisk suggests it was originally going to hatch from an egg.
- If found, the hydralisk will appear in the night elf base for the closing cutscene of the mission.