- As Blizzard Entertainment's lead narrative designer for World of Warcraft, Dave Kosak works with multiple teams to help create the overarching story vision for the franchise, and then works to see this vision implemented into the living game world.
- Prior to joining Blizzard Entertainment, Kosak was a co-founder and original creative director of GameSpy and the creator of the popular Flintlocke’s Guide to Azeroth and Flintlocke vs. The Horde webcomics.
This section concerns content related to the original World of Warcraft.
This section concerns content related to The Burning Crusade.
This section concerns content related to Wrath of the Lich King.
- Kosak wrote the short story Edge of Night.
- Kosak participated in the September 11, 2012 World of Warcraft Developer AMA on reddit.
- Kosak previously worked on the fan comics Flintlocke's Guide to Azeroth and Flintlocke vs. The Horde. It is assumed that Fargo Flintlocke and the Alliance Twilight Highlands introduction were his idea.
- Kosak noted in a "post-mortem" of Cataclysm quest design that he was the first quest designer on the team to get the and all the Molten Front achievements on the live servers, to which he called out the other team members with "suck it up, slackers!"
- The first epic weapon Kosak ever obtained in World of Warcraft was . As a result, he was particularly excited to see the weapon appear in Hearthstone in the Rastakhan's Rumble expansion.
- According to Kosak, a bot in the game Unreal Tournament was named 'Kosak' after him. He claims to have been "probably killed hundreds of millions of times."
- His birthday is on October 29th.
- ^ Dave Kosak 2016-11-29. Twitter / DaveKosak."The @PlayHearthstone team welcomed me with a plate of cookies! <3 Related news: I'm on the #Hearthstone team now :D"
- ^ a b http://blizzard.gamespress.com/en-CA/BlizzCon-2014-Warlords-of-Draenor-press-kit
- ^ Zarhym 2012-09-11. World of Warcraft Developer AMA. Retrieved on 2012-09-13.
- ^ Lylirra 2012-02-28. Cataclysm Post Mortem -- Quest Design with Dave "Fargo" Kosak. Retrieved on 2012-09-13.
- ^ Dave Kosak on Twitter (2018-11-02). Retrieved on 2018-11-12. “Sul’thraze the Lasher was the first Epic weapon that ever dropped for me in World of Warcraft. Having it appear in #Hearthstone fills my heart! 💜”
- ^ Zadina 2018-11-03. Interview with Dave Kosak and Hadidjah Chamberlin on Rastakhan's Rumble & More - Icy Veins Forums. Retrieved on 2018-11-12.
- ^ Dave Kosak 2014-05-04. Twitter / DaveKosak. "Trivia: In the original #UnrealTournament, there was a bot named "Kosak" after me. I was probably killed hundreds of millions of times."
- ^ Michele Morrow 2015-10-29. Twitter / MicheleMorrow. Retrieved on 2015-11-03. ".@Warcraft fans! Today is the brilliant @DaveKosak's bday 🎂 This is one of our 1st pix together. Love you, Fargo! 🎉💗"