Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Deadly Poison (item)
|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 5.0.4.
- Deadly Poison
- Use: Coats a weapon with poison that lasts for 1 hour. Each strike has a 30% chance of poisoning the enemy for 500 Nature damage over 12 sec. Stacks up to 5 times on a single target. Once stacked to 5 times, each application of Deadly Poison also causes the poison on the Rogue's other weapon to apply.
- Classes: Rogue
- Requires Level 30
- 1 Charge
- Sell Price: 25
Deadly Poison is a poison that is bought by rogues for 1 who then apply it to their weapons. Every time the rogue hits with the weapon, there is a 30% chance of the victim being poisoned for 12 seconds. The poison will deal damage over time. It can stack up to 5 times on the same victim. Once stacked to 5 times, each application of Deadly Poison also causes the poison on the rogue's other weapon to apply.
Because deadly poison deals damage over time, it prevents rogues afflicted with it from stealthing and prevents all players from bandaging for more than a second. However, its continuing damage causes many forms of crowd control to break. Deadly poison stacks up to 5 times, making it harder to remove with some spells.
Deadly Poison is purchased from poison vendors.
Tips and tactics
- Used in the Rogue's finishing move .
- Worthy to note is that deadly poison on the target causes damage that breaks Rogue's gouge and blind, important tools for control.
- As of patch 3.3, when a target has reached the maximum number of applications the poison on the other weapon will be applied instead so it's not wasted.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Removed.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Base damage and attack power coefficient have been increased by 30%.